Google Search Results

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Finding Healthy Habits That Work

In case you are wondering, I'm not dieting. I'm simply trying to find a way of eating that works for me. Yes, I'd like to lose a few pounds, but I want to learn to eat in a way that doesn't require special foods or complete deprivation. I want to eat healthy, but I'd also like to splurge occasionally within moderation. My problem at the moment is splurging too often. I try to cut down on sugar. I compromise with fruit. I also try eating less bread, cheese and starchy foods. Lately I haven't been doing so well. I like to try to eat small amounts of the bad stuff and larger amounts of the good stuff. It almost works most of the time. I mean, I'm not gaining weight, but I'm not losing.

Now this is why, I'm trying to get in more exercise and drink more water and even though I don't always do well, I keep trying everyday. For me staying active is important. The less I do, the less I want to do. I have to make myself do things and once I do them, I feel better. It makes me want to do more. I try not to skip any days of doing some sort of exercise, because then I start talking myself out of doing it more often and eventually stop. Once I get a routine going, of doing 15 or 20 minutes of exercise, then I increase the amount. I want to work up to at least one hour per day. I am so glad we are getting to do our Zumba classes and that I have people to exercise with. It makes me accountable and helps me stay motivated.

I hope this gives you an idea of what I'm doing, why I'm doing it and what my goals are. I think everyone has to experiment and find what works best for them. Everyone is different. I believe you have to recognize what you're doing and realize whether or not it's working for you and if not, find a way that works that you can live with. I don't believe diets works. Sure, you lose weight, then you stop dieting and you eventually gain it all back, if not more.  

Ok well that's enough of that. I just felt the need to express myself. Now I will tell you what I ate today. It's not diet food and it's not all healthy, but it's what I have and sometimes you have to deal with that too.

For breakfast I had a repeat of yesterday. I didn't mind, but I hate to bore you. I love navel oranges and my strawberry oatmeal muffin was great too. I do wish I'd had some sort of protein in mix, but there was an egg in the muffins and a few slivered almonds in there too.

 Lunch was leftover Southwestern Salad with spinach and some other salad greens, corn, black beans, onions, some cheese (maybe Mexican blend?) and some corn tortilla strips (@Cathy, where'd ya get those?). There was also a good yogurt Ranch type dressing we had, but I forgot to bring any home, so I had my Chipotle Mayo Dressing, made with light mayo, with it today.


This was very filling, but very good.

A little later I snacked on my piece of the birthday cake. I did only bring one piece of it and I scraped off some of the icing. 

I didn't realize there was even icing in the middle. This cake was mostly icing. I guess I lost the battle today, lol.


For dinner I did a little of the leftover broccoli casserole, some nuked (microwaved) frozen broccoli and a tiny little MSF veggie sausage on a tiny little canned biscuit. 



I know what I ate today probably doesn't work for me, but sometimes you just have to eat as healthy as possible and make up for it later on. Are you dieting or changing your eating habits? Have you found what works for you? Share what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment