Google Search Results

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Jalapeño Popper Cornbread Waffles


Not your ordinary waffles, but delicious and they couldn't be easier to make. I got the recipe from the Rachael Ray Show, so you know they're good. These are slightly sweet, but you don't have to eat them for breakfast. They would also be good with a big bowl of chili, etc. for dinner.
 Corn muffin mix, cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat version), sharp cheddar, egg, jalapeno & milk.
After putting the muffin mix into a small mixing bowl, I added the milk and egg.
Next, I add the chopped jalapeno. Remember to wear gloves when chopping your jalapeno, this is important. Hot hands are not fun.
After the jalapeno comes the shredded cheddar
 Then finally the cream cheese. The 1/3 less fat is softer and not quite as easy to chunk, but not difficult. I just drop in a few pinches and fold it in, then add a few more and repeat until it's all in.
 This is my waffle maker. It's not Belgian, I like regular size waffles better and probably why I got five instead of four.

Certainly not perfectly shaped, but I'm sure, it didn't affect the taste one bit.


These are the yummiest waffles, I've ever had.



My contribution to the recipe was warmed Jalapeno Jelly. I'm sure they'd be wonderful served with the honey or fried eggs, but the jelly just seemed perfect for these and it was.  
Jalapeño Popper Cornbread Waffles

Ingredients

  • 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
  • 1 jalapeño, stemmed, seeded and chopped
  • Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
  • 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into chunks
  • 1/2 cup, sharp yellow cheddar cheese, about a handful
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 large egg
  • Honey, for drizzling
  • 4 eggs, fried (optional)


Yields: Makes 4 Waffles (I got about 5 in my regular waffle maker, not Belgian)

Preparation

Preheat waffle maker to medium heat.
Prepare cornbread to package instructions, adding in chopped jalapeños and black pepper. Fold cream cheese and cheddar into the batter.
Once warm, brush inside of waffle maker with melted butter. Pour in batter and cook for 5 minutes or until the cornbread waffles are golden brown.
Drizzle with warm honey. (Tip: Warm the honey in a glass container on top of the waffle maker while the waffles are cooking!) I had mine with warm jalapeno jelly. They were amazing.
For a brunch item, top each waffle with an egg.
They would also be good with a big bowl of chili or try them with my Taco Bean Soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment