Google Search Results

Saturday, March 05, 2011

Beans And More Beans

I had this breakfast planned before sun up. I would have like to have been sleeping, but for some reason I did not sleep well at all. I've been doing some yoga before bed at night, but last night, I was late going to bed and just didn't want to be up any longer, so I went to bed without doing my recent routine. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or not, but I will make sure to do it tonight. Back to breakfast... I had about 3/4 of a fuji apple, one of my banana nut muffins warmed, and some warm peanut butter for dipping my apple in.
I loved the shots I got of breakfast so much, I posted 3. They may never win a prize, ribbon, or even an honorable mention, but I liked them.


 After breakfast, I got to work posting the muffin mix recipe. I hope everyone likes that I've posted the recipe on a separate page. It will be easier for me to do the normal post at night and recipes the following morning. I'm not sure how email subscribers receive them when I do this, but both posts are tweeted automatically.

I had the grand babies for a little while again today. Their Mama had an errand to run and the girls came to my house to make it easier on everyone. I managed to finish post #2 and fix lunch, not easy with Miss Lexi. She was extra special today. That child is a ball of fire. No pics again today. I did good to get my lunch photo. Can you picture an 11 month old climbing up my leg as I'm taking this picture and a very energetic 4 year old closely imitating the ball in a pinball machine. Luckily I had Lucas to help occupy them a little so that I could get what I needed to do done. 

Lexi had chicken nuggets, chocolate milk and a muffin. She did not need the milk, but she's gotten a little spoiled to getting a glass when she comes to Mimi's. Mary and I had beans and I had mine with brown rice.

What's in the beans
Canned pinto beans
Canned tomatoes
Diced onion sauteed in butter
Basil
Garlic powder
Corriander
A pinch of salt
Small plate lunch. BTW, I've lost 2lbs. Go Me!!
I'd just like to say, "I love brown rice".

Ok, I had a snack later, so I may have gained it all back by morning. I had half a cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese sprinkled with The Fresh Market Strawberry Crunch. I chopped up the dried strawberries.


Since I hadn't eaten any fresh veggies today, I decided to have a Mexican themed salad for dinner with a couple of tostada chips, I only ate one though. DH and I were having a conversation, so while running my mouth and stuffing my face, I sort of forgot the other tostada chip.

What's in the bowl
Romaine
Plain pinto beans (set aside at lunch for my salad)
Grape tomatoes
Orange bell pepper
Mushroom
Jalapenos
Mexican blend cheese
Light Ranch & Salsa for dressing

This was super yummy! I was too lazy to mix any chipotle mayo dressing. I wasn't sure about the ranch and salsa. I'm not a big fan of ranch, sorry, but it was actually pretty good.

After dinner, we did a late night run to the grocery store. I really hate going after dark, but I had to go while I had the chance. This trip was mainly for me. I got lots of things I've been wanting, mostly breakfast. I always seem to neglect planning for the other two meals and I had a list, but totally forgot more lettuce. Oh well, luckily I eat more than lettuce. 

I'm kind of stuck. Mini writers block. I always get stuck near the end. Deciding what to say and choosing a title, that is the toughest part. Occasionally it comes easy, but there are times when I spend more time picking a title than I do, posting pics and everything else. Maybe I should do that first. Well, I finally decided on a title. Now, I have got to go to bed. Cya tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment