Google Search Results

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I Don't Have To Be Perfect

Up early this morning, then back to bed. My puppies wanted me up, I didn't. I let them out, let them in and went back bed. It didn't do me a lot of good. I kept waking up about every ten minutes, so I gave in and got up. Since I've been doing my yoga at night, I sleep better, but I still have nights that I wake up frequently, except now, I go right back to sleep. I'm making progress.

This is pre-breakfast. A glass (well, actually a jar) of Tropicana Tropical Punch. I got the idea of using jars as glasses from a restaurant. It works, although now, I'm ready for real glasses. I still have and use jars though.

Breakfast came a bit later, after I'd decided what I wanted and what I needed to use up first. I still had a dab of vanilla yogurt, so I decided to have it with cereal and sliced strawberries. I'm sort of hung up on strawberries right now.

What's in the bowl
Vanilla Yogurt
Ground Flax
Multi-grain Flakes
Kix
Cheerios
Sliced Strawberries
Chopped Walnuts

Eating cereal this way, sure makes a box go a long ways.

I had leftover red skin potato salad and baked beans with a Morning Star Farms Chik'n Griller. I like the grillers better than the breaded patties, but I sure wish Boca would make them.
My veggie patty went perfectly with the potato salad and beans.

After giving my very filling lunch time to digest a little I had my leftover serving of Tiramisu. This stuff was so good. Lucas had his too, so now it's all gone, probably a good thing, since I am trying to lose a few pounds. Hopefully I'll work a little of it off tomorrow night at Zumba class, can't wait. I've already got my SmartWater to take with me. Take that Tiramisu! 


I had a yummy salad for dinner. I actually wanted a Greek salad, but I didn't have the right olives and I would rather have it with Romaine, cucumber, and some tomato, so I passed. I decided to use some of my lower fat version of French dressing. It goes really well with the feta cheese. I have a really great recipe for Greek Salad & Dressing, let me know if you'd like to see it in a future post. Thanks.

What's on the plate
Iceberg Salad Blend
Organic Baby Spinach
Broccoli
Carrot
Red & Green Bell Peppers
Red Onion
Crumbled Reduced Fat Feta
French Dressing (lower fat version)
I thought about having crackers with this but, I passed.
Instead I decided to pick a few Chocolate chips out of my trail mix, while I was uploading the days photos. I try to be good, but sometimes I just can't help myself. It's ok nobody's perfect, I'm learning to except that. It's just too hard and no fun trying to be perfect. I don't eat nearly as much sugar as I used to. I'm a work in progress. I'm ok with that. Are you a work in progress? What improvements have you made and what's your weakness?









No comments:

Post a Comment