Google Search Results

Monday, March 21, 2011

Double Birthday Dinner

Up early this morning. I had myself a sunny breakfast, a navel orange and one of my strawberry oatmeal muffins made with my multi muffin mix.


Today with dinner at Mom's we were celebrating both my grand daughter Mary's 1st birthday and also my Aunt Lynda's birthday which happens to be the day before Mary's. 

Here's what's was on the dinner menu.

Turkey Cutlets
  
Pepper Cube Steak

Pineapple Chicken

Orange Chicken with rice and veggies

Southwestern Salad

Stir Fry Veggies

Stuffing

Angel Biscuits

Broccoli Casserole

Brown Rice

Italian Pasta Salad

Mashed Potatoes

We also had veggie egg rolls, which I didn't get a shot of, but I did have on my plate. This is my plate. I had stir fry veggies, brown rice, an angel biscuit, southwestern salad, broccoli casserole and of course, the egg roll. I was stuffed after all this.  
Now here are the birthday girls.

Here are a few shots of the present opening.






This baby racked up. 


 Now for cake or should I say cakes. Yes, we had two. This is a shot of the Strawberry cake courtesy of  La Patisserie and my sister Cathy, photo courtesy of Mom.. It was so yummy, we didn't get a photo before the first cuts.

  Mom also had a special little cake for Miss Mary, chocolate with white icing.
We had to let Mary have her first cake experience. Confession, I experienced a small piece of each cake. Didn't get a shot of it either, but it was good.
Lexi enjoys every birthday, no matter who's it is.
  
Mary, not sure about this stuff at first. No worries though, she quickly got the hang of it. Unfortunately my camera died. I think I am just going to start charging my battery every Saturday night, so that I don't have this problem again.
We had a ball with the kids. 

After I got home, I had to charge my camera battery, which delayed dinner #2. I used some leftover rice, red and green bell peppers, onion and salsa to make a sort of spanish rice. I had the rice with some refried beans and another spinach and cheese quesadilla. The rice turned out great.

Well I hate to cut this short, but I'm late getting to bed. I hope you enjoy the photos. Have you checked out my recipe page lately. I'm slowly adding new recipes. If you'd like to be updated on new posts and recipes, you can subscribe via rss feed or email (links on the right). You can also follow me on twitter or with Google friend connect. I love getting new subscribers and followers. Come back soon. Leave a comment, let me know you're out there. 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment