Google Search Results

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

How To Make A Colorful Salad

Great morning! I went to bed early, got up early, bathed one of my dogs, put in a load of laundry, and then had breakfast. I also got some stretches in.

Waffle, fruit salad, walnuts, ground flax after pics.
Same breakfast, different day. I'm the only one here, eating the fruit salad from Sunday.
Still yummy.

Did my time on the Wii again. Fitness age today......38!! I'm finally getting a little better. After my Wii tennis session, I had lunch. I just knew this was going to be terrible looking, but I think it's the best looking meal of the day. I had macaroni & cheese with tomatoes and a salad with light Caesar dressing.
 The Salad....romaine, radicchio, cucumber, grape tomato, orange bell, mushroom & feta. This is what makes a colorful salad. I love colorful salads and using a variety of vegetables is definitely the way to make one. For other colorful salad ideas, I've posted links to some of my other salads at the bottom.
My favorite way to eat boxed macaroni & cheese.  I like homemade mac & cheese with broccoli and Worcestershire sauce.

This is just perty. Don'tcha think?
While fixing dinner I had a pre-dinner snack, a forth of an apple, a couple of dried strawberries from The Fresh Market Strawberry Crunch and a little Sesame Nut Mix to cut the sweetness.


The Strawberry Crunch. A little too sweet by itself, the strawberries taste like strawberry preserves, but with some salty nuts and some fresh apple, not bad.

This also has golden raisins, dried cranberries, and sugar coated nuts, mostly peanuts.

Dinner took a while. I made steamed brown rice. My steamer is being a pain lately. The timer isn't working right. When the rice was finally done, I added some salsa and topped it with some Fiery Dessert Cheese (sort of like pepper jack) from Yoder's Amish Market. I also had some corn and steamed some green beans. It was just alright. It could have been better if I hadn't been in a hurry. I sort of just threw dinner together. I've been trying to get dinner done sooner, so that I can finish the blog and get to bed sooner. 

Not as pretty and colorful as lunch, but not bad. It was packin' some heat.
Well, another one finished early. I had an entirely "Go Me!" day. I hope you have too. Do you have a reason to say, "Go Me!? Well.....let's hear it!

Check out these pages for some other colorful salads or click on the salad label at the bottom to see related posts. 

Jalapeno Jelly Reviews

Cranberry Pecan Baked Oatmeal

Trying To Eat Healthier

Breakfast Is Now My Favorite Meal








No comments:

Post a Comment