Google Search Results

Monday, March 14, 2011

Summer Foods

This day got off to a bad start. To begin with I stayed up way too late. What was I thinking? On top of that, I picked the night that we would be losing an hour and I needed to be up this morning to get ready to go to Mom's for Sunday dinner. I did not get up early and I did not sleep well. I grabbed a leftover jalapeno popper cornbread waffle for breakfast and warmed some jalapeno jelly to put on it. It was pretty tasty. I'd wanted to try it with some chili or Taco Bean soup, but I need something quick. Since it was so easy to make, I'm sure I will be fixing it again.


I was late getting to Mom's, but there was plenty of food left. Here's what was on the menu.....
Hamburgers and Hot dogs

Hot Dog Chili

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

Cooked Broccoli

Vegetarian Baked Beans

Coleslaw

and Red Skin Potato Salad

I had baked beans, macaroni & cheese, potato salad, and cooked broccoli. Bake beans and potato salad always remind me of summer. It's the best for cook outs and picnics. I can't wait for home grown tomatoes and cucumbers.
 
For dessert there was chocolate pound cake. There was hot fudge and ice cream to go with it, but I didn't get shots of it.

There was also Tiramisu. This is what I was interested in.

I had a good size serving of it. It was rich and yummy. 

I managed to get a shot of Lexi this weekend. She and Mary dancing in the kitchen.

After we left Mom's, Lucas and I went by the grocery store to pick up a few things, still nothing for the freezer. I haven't managed to make room for anything yet. 
When we got home it wasn't long until we fixed something for dinner. I had my Morning Star Farms riblet, which I'd planned to eat at Mom's, but decided to save for later. I also had some leftover mac & cheese with some steamed broccoli that I fixed at home. I had broccoli in the fridge that needed to be used up soon.
I really like MSF riblets. They also make a great sandwich. The BBQ sauce is what really makes these so good.

Well despite the day having started off badly, it turned out pretty good. The sun was shining, it was warm, we had good food and good company and losing that hour is not so bad when you consider, we'll have a little more daylight in the evening. I'm so excited that spring is almost here. What foods remind you of summer? Are you ready for summer?













No comments:

Post a Comment