Google Search Results

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sugar Overload

Cloudy morning. Almost raining. I still managed to find enough light near the window to get a shot of breakfast. I had another glass of Tropicana tropical punch. Usually I don't like the flavor of tropical punch, but Tropicana has found a way to make it, so that it doesn't taste like Hawaiian Punch. I drank that stuff a lot when I was little, now I can't stand the taste of it, I feel the same way about Hostess Twinkies. I'm not sure why. I had a trail mix bagel with my juice, spread with peanut butter and Strawberry Crunch from The Fresh Market sprinkled on top. Between the juice and the Strawberry Crunch, I was on sugar overload by the time I finished them both. It kinda sorta made me sick. Ugh....

It tasted good, it was just way too sweet. 


More sugar for lunch. I finished off the baked beans and the rest of the red skinned potato salad from Sunday with some steamed broccoli. I wasn't really in the mood for something sweet, but I ate it anyway. 


This evening we had Zumba class again. I wanted to eat a little something before going so I wouldn't be starved before I got home. It was more like a little too much. I'd gotten some plain Greek yogurt and decided to give it a try with some apple. I really didn't want anything super sweet. 

What's in the bowl
Dannon Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
Ground Flax
Old Fashioned Oats
1/2 A Fuji Apple
Chopped Walnuts
Cinnamon

It still needed a little something so I added a spoonful of apple butter. Not bad, but I think I'd like it somewhere between vanilla and plain or maybe it just needed the cereal instead of plain oats. It did do very well at keeping me satisfied until after Zumba class. I actually think I could have eaten less and been fine.  

Class was fun as usual. We did have trouble with the music. I'm not sure what the trouble was, but the music which was on an ipod with dock and speakers, kept stopping. We had to start over several times. It was funny, but we didn't really get as much of a workout  as we did the last time. Before the cool down we did the twist. I have new respect for Chubby Checker. It was the first time, I broke a sweat the whole time. My sister Cathy joined us this week. I was glad she came. We are hoping they will offer the class twice a week. 
I had to cool down a bit when I got home, before fixing dinner. I wasn't sure I could eat a big meal, so I fixed a sandwich, hoping it wouldn't be too much. I fixed a vegan Boca burger on some everything bread, with spinach, red bell pepper, red onion and light Sun dried tomato vinaigrette. I ate the whole thing. I was hungrier that I realized.

 Now I'm going to crash, after my day of sugar overload. I am so ready for bed. I hope I sleep well. I will be getting to bed earlier than I expected if I hurry. Do you eat plain yogurt? What do you eat with it? What's your favorite yogurt combo?








No comments:

Post a Comment