Google Search Results

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Pizza Craving Satisfied

Another cold dreary day with no sign of sun in the forecast until Saturday. I just had to depend on good food to brighten my day. Another Apple Crisp Smoothie helped. I tweaked it a bit to make it slightly thicker than the first, by using 1/3 cup of oatmeal instead of 1/4 cup. I also updated the recipe.

I wish I had known about smoothies when the kids were little. It was difficult to get Lucas to eat breakfast before going to school. I use to buy the carnation instant breakfast for him to drink instead. He enjoys the smoothies now, but I haven't convinced him to try them with oatmeal yet. I wasn't sure about adding it myself at first, but now I'm glad I tried it. I did get him to try it with the multi grain flakes. It really makes a difference when you are having the smoothie as a meal. You don't have to worry about being hungry again, a couple of hours later. 


What's in the glass
1/2 A Gala Apple
Old Fashioned Oats
FL Vanilla Yogurt 1%
Milk 2%
Chopped Walnuts
Ground Flax
Cinnamon
A Few Ice Cubes
Cold, thick, and delicious!
 I used my smoothie energy to get my my kitchen and living room mopped, as well as another load of clothes done. Since I have up and down days, I have to take advantage of the up days and try to get as much done as possible. Since I've been exercising, I think I've had fewer down days. 

I had leftovers from Sunday's Feast for lunch. I think I could have eaten less and been satisfied. It was just about too much for a meal. It reminds me of the Japanese Bento lunch boxes, of course the food isn't arranged decoratively as with some Bento lunches. You can google Bento box images to see some really fancy Bento lunches.

 After giving my lunch  a while to digest, I had my piece of Tiramisu. I love just about any dessert that involves cream cheese. Whoever discovered how wonderful it can be as a dessert, deserves at least an honorable mention. Do you love cream cheese desserts? What's your favorite?


The guys decided tonight was pizza night and I just happened to have an Amy's Pesto pizza with tomato and broccoli in my freezer and I just happened to need to eat something from my freeze before someone is injured by falling objects, when opening the freezer door. My secret is out on frozen yogurt also. Dale opened the freezer door and my nonfat Peach fell out. He says, he was forced to eat it, because he couldn't get it back in the freezer (a likely story).
I also had a lovely Roma tomato and a cucumber begging to take their place on my salad with a little sun dried tomato vinaigrette. As usual Amy didn't disappoint me. I can almost always count on a delicious dinner when an Amy's dish is involved.

I've been craving pizza for a while. This one sure hit the spot. I can't wait to eat the rest of it. I'm also thinking about more smoothie ideas. Any suggestions?






No comments:

Post a Comment