Google Search Results

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sunny Surprise

Yes, another smoothie. Sorry, but I am really loving these. It satisfies me and stays with me for hours. No need for munching in between breakfast and lunch. I do wish the recipe made slightly less. This smoothie is very yummy and it's one that Lucas will drink. I call it my Berry Banana Pineapple Smoothie (click to see the recipe or go to my recipe page).


What's in the glass
Chopped Banana
Chopped Strawberry
Multi Grain Flakes Cereal
Milk 2%
Pineapple Chobani Greek Yogurt 0%
Chopped Walnuts
Ground Flax
Honey
Ice Cubes

To my surprise the sun was shining when I got up. I had just looked at the weather forecast before going to bed. It didn't mention sun. In fact it was calling for rain until Saturday. It was a nice surprise. It was also a little warmer. I always feel better when the sun it shining. I took advantage of it. I rearranged my bedroom today. I haven't felt like moving furniture in quite a while. Unfortunately we are suppose to get the rain. Fingers crossed, they'll be wrong again, lol. 

For lunch I had a piece of my leftover Amy's Pesto pizza with salad on the side. I made the mistake of heating it in the microwave. The crust was already pretty brown, so I put it in the microwave to heat it instead of my toaster oven, but the result was a tough inedible crust. My only complaint about the pizza was that the crust browned faster than the middle of the pizza cooked. Maybe next time I will try to remember to use a lower temp.

The salad was very good. I had Italian blend salad with a little spinach, sliced Roma tomato, cucumber, & carrot with sun dried tomato vinaigrette. 
It was Zumba day. We had Zumba class this evening. I'd been looking forward to it all day. We always have a good time and we get a good workout. I took a SmartWater with me. I always take a large bottle of water. We usually drink most of it between songs. I have another bottle waiting for Thursday's class. 
After getting home, I have a bowl of my kicked up canned soup from Saturday. I also had some Tostitos Fire Roasted Chipotle Tortillas, perfect for my soup. They are light and crispy not too spicey, but plenty of flavor. My soup was spicey enough to make up for it. I think chipotle powder gets stronger as it sits, but I love it. No cheese this time, but it is very good with cheese. I've just had enough dairy for one day.


This was a very good day. It could have been better, but if I have more days like today, I wouldn't complain. How was your day? What's your latest food WOW, something new, you just can't get enough of?




No comments:

Post a Comment