Google Search Results

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Hot Breakfast

After getting up this morning, I wasn't sure what to have for breakfast. I finally decide on........not a fortune cookie, that's just what I had to tide me over until I got breakfast fixed.
This is what I had for breakfast. Yes, a waffle, but not your average waffle. It's a Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Waffle with warmed jalapeno jelly drizzled over it.
This was even better than I had hoped. A delicious warm, cheesy, slightly sweet cornmeal waffle with a little heat from jalapeno. A great meal for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner. I chose to eat warmed jalapeno jelly with mine, but it can be served with a drizzle of honey, with fried eggs, with Taco Bean Soup, or a bowl of chili.  

Lunch wasn't a much to brag about, although it was good, it was a repeat of yesterday. I had another crab cake sandwich on a slightly burnt multi-grain bun. It didn't look nearly as good today, but not bad.

Another highlight was my dinner salad. This evening I had a Mandarin Orange salad a variation of my Strawberry Mandarin Spinach Salad. Here I left out the strawberries, and I used honey roasted cashews from Yoder's.

What's on the plate
A Tiny Bit of Organic Baby Spinach
A Tiny Bit Of Dole's 7 Lettuce Blend
Iceberg Lettuce Salad
Green Pepper
Red Onion
Feta Cheese 
Mandarin Orange Sections
Honey Roasted Cashews
Strawberry-Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad Dressing

I recently added the Feta to the recipe, which I've had and loved for a while. It adds a little salty flavor for that sweet-salty combo which I crave frequently. This salad is also good with just plain nuts. I've used a variety of nuts without the sugar.

This has been a long day. I kind of shortened things a little and left out the uninteresting happenings of the day, since I wasted too much time this evening, thinking the posts I had to do wouldn't take as long because I had done some of the waffle recipe page ahead of time. I was wrong. So now I'm finally done and soooo ready for bed. Cya tomorrow. Happy Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment