Google Search Results

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Apple Crisp Smoothie Recipe



Updated - 03-28-2011 (I changed the amount of oatmeal from 1/4 c. to 1/3 c. for a slightly thicker smoothie and from 2-3 ice cubes to 3-4.)
Updated Again - 04-25-2011 (Fixed the dried cranberry issue)

 Apple Crisp Smoothie

This a a delicious cinnamon-y apple breakfast smoothie with oatmeal to be more filling, of course, it would be good anytime. It turned out a little thinner than some of my other smoothies. It would probably be thicker if you use Chobani Greek Vanilla yogurt or a little extra oatmeal, but it was fine just as is, .

1/2 A Medium Gala Apple Diced
1 T. Dried Cranberries*
1 T. Chopped Walnuts
1/3 C. Toasted Old Fashioned Oats **
1 tsp. Brown Sugar (optional)
1 tsp. Ground Flax
1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 C. Vanilla Yogurt
1/2 C. 2% Milk
3-4 Ice Cubes

*For some reason the dried cranberries didn't blend up very well. You might try soaking them in the milk first, chopping them, or leaving them out.
 (Update)  I put the dried cranberries and a little water in the microwave for a few seconds and let the sit while I put the rest of the smoothie together, then I added the cranberries plus the small amount of water they hadn't absorbed. They blended up perfectly this time.

** Toasting is optional. I spread my oats onto a pan and put them in the toaster oven to brown a little. Watch carefully, I burnt the first pan, lol.

Directions
Just throw everything in your blender and blend until smooth. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment