Google Search Results

Saturday, March 26, 2011

On A Smoothie Kick

I am really loving the smoothies I've had lately. I am really excited to try more combinations. The one I made this morning was so yummy. I'm calling it my "Apple Crisp Smoothie". I've posted the recipe on my recipe page. My brain has gone crazy thinking of different smoothies to try. They are more filling than I expected and I love that I can add all kinds of healthy ingredients, some that you wouldn't even suspect were in them. They would be for kids who are picky eaters. Most kids love milkshakes and it's easier to get them to try a drink than some food that is good for them (wink, wink). I sometimes need to be sneaky with myself to get past the look or texture of certain foods; mushy oatmeal for instance.


What's in the glass
1/2 A Gala Apple
Dried Cranberries
Chopped Walnuts
Food Lion Vanilla Yogurt 1%
Milk 2%
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Brown Sugar
Cinnamon
Ice Cubes
One more way to get my oatmeal with out it being mushy.
I did more laundry today, I think it's a never ending battle. I didn't jump any hurdles today. I just did some weight lifting exercises with my 8lb. weight. I really need to get another one. It was a cold dreary day. I don't seem to get as much done on dreary days. 

Lunch was late and so I just had a frozen bean and cheese burrito. I wish it had been one of Amy's, but it was not bad. I just poured a little salsa over it and voila!  Lunch.



I suppose I didn't get enough Mexican food for lunch, because I had another Mexican themed meal for dinner. I made some more kicked up canned soup, using Campbell's Select Harvest Southwestern Style Vegetable soup again. I also had some Oreida country style steak fries.


It has poured down rain all evening. I usually sleep better when it rains, that one good thing. I do wish it would be over by morning, but the forecast says different. It looks like it will be a very wet day as well. Well I am off to do my yoga and get ready for bed. Although, I haven't lost anymore, I am still down 3lbs, woohoo, go me!! Let me know if you're interested in more smoothie recipes. Suggestions for the blog are welcome. Just say anything, I'd love to get some comments, don't be shy.




No comments:

Post a Comment