Google Search Results

Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Up Late Again

I was pretty well rested when I woke up this morning. I could still have slept longer, but I had the girls today. I had coffee before breakfast which I totally did not get a picture of. It was a busy morning. After Lexi and Mary had had their cereal and cheese grits, and were completely enthralled by Shaun The Sheep, I had a bowl of frosted mini wheats with vanilla yogurt with some strawberries from the garden. The strawberries were very sweet and delicious. I should have planted more strawberry plants.

I didn't have lunch until after the girls had gone home. I had some canned chili beans and the last of the slaw I made for last nights dinner. It was a quick meal, so that I could get to the grocery store without being starved. It didn't really matter. I still wanted to buy everything.

I also had a few town house crackers with peanut butter and a dab of honey before we left.

I never feel like cooking after going to the grocery store. I've looked at all the food in the store and when I get home I want to eat it, not cook it, so I always plan on eating something quick. My quick meal today was leftover spaghetti noodles. I cooked some green pepper and onion in the microwave with a little salt, Italian seasoning, Marjoram, and garlic. I added some canned diced tomatoes to the onion and pepper, and heated it for several minutes. Then I added the noodles to the veggies and made a piece of garlic cheese toast to go with them.

The toast was not my favorite. We bought Pepperidge Farm Hearty White bread. It was on sale, BOGO. They also got a loaf of Sourdough, which is also not my favorite. The white bread had sort of a sweet taste to it. It would probably be great for cinnamon toast or French toast, but not garlic cheese toast. The spaghetti was great. I think I liked it better than traditional spaghetti. All it needed was some mushrooms & black olives and it would have been perfect. I hate that I didn't think to get any, but it was pretty darn good as is. I did buy green olives, which I can't wait to eat.

After dinner I had a cup of Celestial Seasoning True Blueberry tea with a few Vanilla Wafers. I had to restock these today.

Here I am, up late, as usual, the queen of procrastination, putting off doing what I need to do until I'm nearly too tired to do it. That's it though, I'm done and soooo ready for bed. Wish me a good night's sleep, one without barking dogs, ringing phones, or young men jumping gates during the night. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment