Google Search Results

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Smart Ones Mini Rigatoni With Vodka Cream Sauce Review

Sidetracked this morning. I think about something I'm interested in, search for it on the internet and then I'm lost in cyberspace, one page leads to another. Finally I realize I have other things to do, like tell you about yesterday.

I had a banana pudding smoothie with cinnamon. I'd pick up some Archer Farms vanilla yogurt at Target the other day. I'm not sure if I've had their brand of yogurt before, but somehow I think I would have remembered it, either way, I am going to do my best to remember not to get it again. I do remember the My Essentials brand for Food Lion that was not good and now the Archer Farms brand will join them on the "to don't" list. The Archer Farms yogurt like the My Essentials was sort of runny or thin. It was also artificially sweetened with sucralose, giving it that weird after taste. I didn't see an obvious mention of being artificially sweetened when I bought it, but after tasting it I looked at the ingredients to see that they did include sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener. Normally I avoid artificial sweeteners. I used to drink diet drinks, but I was actually 20lbs heavier before I stopped drinking them, so I didn't see the point. I like water and it doesn't leave a weird after taste. I was hoping that with the banana and everything else, it would be alright, but it still had that weird taste, yuck!

For lunch I had one of WW Smart Ones frozen dinners. It was their Mini Rigatoni w/ Vodka Cream Sauce.
Nutritional Facts for Mini Rigatoni w/ Vodka Cream Sauce

Serving Size  1 package(255g)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 290
Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6g 9%
Saturated Fat 2.5g 13%
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 440mg 18%
Total Carbohydrates 48g 18%
Dietary Fiber 5g 18%
Sugars 5g
Protein 13g
Vitamin A 6%
Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 15%
Iron 8%
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.

Now for my opinions. My first thought is that frozen pasta dinners look more appetizing than other frozen dinners. Don't you agree? This one not only looked good, but it also tasted good. It had a creamy tomato vodka sauce and reduced fat mozzarella cheese.

I also had a salad of spring mix, spinach, red & green peppers with zesty Italian dressing, which went perfectly with the rigatoni. Yummy!

This lunch definitely got 5 stars.

It didn't hurt that I was really in the mood for something tomato-y.

I also tried out some new tea, Lipton orange, passion fruit, jasmine, green tea. I'm not sure what jasmine is suppose to taste like, but I didn't really taste anything unusual and it was good. I added a little honey. This one has a tiny bit of caffeine in it, which I needed yesterday and probably will need again today. I still haven't managed to get to bed any earlier. I avoided a nap yesterday, but should have taken it.
 

My afternoon snack was half a pink ribbon bagel (broken), with peanut butter and dried cranberries.

For dinner I had a Lean Cuisine vegetable egg roll with rice and an Asian style ginger and orange sauce. I've had this before. The main problem I have with this dinner is that the egg cooks in the sauce and comes out soggy. I remedied this problem last night by heating the dinner in the microwave for about 4 minutes at 50% power (half the recommended cook time), then I removed the egg roll and place it on an oven safe dish in my toaster oven for ? maybe 10 minutes, until it was crisp.
I also added a little corn to the rice, just because Lucas had fixed some as part of his dinner.

I also had a salad with the spring mix, spinach, cucumber, carrot, peppers, lightly toasted chow mein noodles and Kraft light Asian toasted sesame dressing. Although the egg roll is not my favorite (sort of bland), I do like the rice and I enjoyed my dinner.

I proceeded to mess around too much on the internet, not doing what I needed to do and failed to get my photos uploaded earlier in the evening, so that I could get to bed early. I have been so bad at that lately, even though I know how bad I've been feeling every morning. I may be forced to take a nap before Zumba today. Do you have trouble flipping the off switch? Do you think it's OCD related? Well, Happy Tuesday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment