Google Search Results

Monday, September 05, 2011

The Birthday Celebration

This morning we are waiting for the rain. We know it's coming. I'm just glad it held off until today. Yesterday was such a nice day, sunny, not too hot and we had a party to attend. Yay!!

The day started off with a peach smoothie in a jar. Not a bad start, huh?

Yum!

Since I ate breakfast so early, I had what was left of the sundried tomato and mozzarella pasta salad. I added a little flavor to this bowl with garlic, Italian seasoning, paprika and a sprinkle of salt; much better.

I had half a toasted spinach bagel with the pasta and as suspected, couldn't really tell it had spinach in it if you closed your eyes; a good way to get your green without tasting it.



After getting a little cleaning done and getting a shower, it was on to the party, where we had great food and fun. There was a big pan of rolls and barbecued brisket for the meat eaters.


There were actually 2 beef briskets.


Also baked chicken.

Potato Casserole

Macaroni Salad

Green Beans

Salad & Grape Tomatoes (which didn't make the scene)

On my plate I had a barbecued veggie riblet with broccoli casserole(which also escaped the camera otherwise), salad with light ranch and a roll.

The birthday we were celebrating was for Lucas (who is the most camera shy one of the bunch). This is the cake. Lovely, huh?

We lit up the cake and sang the birthday song. This is Lexi's favorite part. She was dying for Lucas to blow out the candles.

Can you tell, she's just a little excited and here is the birthday boy!

This is my piece!! :0)

Another shot of the cake. It was yummy!

I also had a cup of hazelnut decaf before leaving. I was still full when we left. After going home and making room in the frig for leftovers, I had a late snack while we watched a movie. I chose the Smart Ones mini cheese pizzas, which I cooked in the microwave again. I'll have to do them in the oven next time, I guess.

We watched "Burlesque" with Cher and Christina Aguilera. I got the movie just out of curiosity. It really turned out to be a great movie. For me this one gets 5 stars. I would watch this again. I loved the story line and Christina was not a bad actress, I love her voice and Cher has always done well in both categories.

 
That was my day and it was a long one. I may need a nap today. Tonight I'm aiming for an early bedtime. Fingers crossed. Happy Monday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment