Google Search Results

Monday, September 19, 2011

Amy's Quarter Pound Veggie Burger Review

TA-DA!! I finished my book last night, of course I was a bit late getting it done, but it is done. I wasn't really anxious to get up this morning, but I'm feeling really good anyway.

Yesterday I enjoyed a cinnamon bagel with peanut butter & raisins along with half a gala apple.


I think gala apples just look so good, they're one of my favorites.

I decided to save half for later.

My soup looked more like a stew. I had a bowl before going to Mom's. I still have quite a bit of this left, plus Sunday leftovers. I always manage to overeat on Sundays and so it begins.

I also snacked on a deviled egg when I got to Mom's.

We had burgers, both beef and meatless and regular hotdogs, which there are no photos of. The meatless burgers, were Amy's quarter pound veggie burgers. I gave these 3 stars. I liked them, but I didn't "love" them. The didn't wow me. I ate my without a bun to be less filling and to get the full flavor of the burger. DH cooked the burgers on the grill. He apparently neglected the veggie burgers, being anti-vegetarian, and let them char slightly, which fortunately for him did not effect the flavor. The did get a little crunchy on the outside. The texture was pretty good though, more like my homemade veggie burgers than the MSF or Boca, with a slight sweetness. I was interested to find that they contain walnuts, which I'd been hoping to try in a veggie burger. I'm not sure if this would be the reason for the sweetness or not, cashews maybe, but I wouldn't think walnuts would have that effect. What do you think?
 

Nutritional Facts for Amy's Quarter Pound Veggie Burger
Serving Size: 4.0 oz
Servings Per Container: 4.0
Serving Weight: 4.0 oz
Calories: 210 Calories from Fat: 30
Total Fat: 3.5g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Trans Fat: 0g
Cholesterol: 0mg
Sodium: 600mg
Carbohydrates: 24g

Fiber: 6g

Sugars: 6g
Protein: 20g
Organic: 75%
Vitamin A: 10% • Vitamin C: 8%
Calcium: 8% • Iron: 15%


Now I will tell you about the rest of the food and more on the veggie burgers shortly.

We had lots of food for just 5 people. Some people pooped out on us at the last minute. For those who were sick, thank you, for not sharing your germs, etc. We had deviled eggs which you already know about.

Hotdog chili for the invisible hotdogs.

Vegetarian baked beans and no, I can not take a good picture of anything in a crockpot. Any tips? I think I'm just too short.

Potato Salad

Foil pocket grilled potatoes with salt, pepper, garlic, parsley, & butter.

Cole Slaw

....and juicy sliced tomatoes.

My plate had a variety of things on it. Amy's burger took up the largest portion of my plate. I also had baked beans, potato salad w/ dill pickles, slaw, and a slice of tomato with salt & pepper. You can see how big the burgers are. If I'd eaten this on a bun it would be all that was on my plate. I'm interested to try the burger again, but maybe on a bun with lettuce, mayo, bread & butter pickles, and a little onion. I'll let you know how that works out.

(Update 9-21-2011) I've since tried the burger on a bun. Here's a link to that post.

For dessert we had apple pie, but I had to postpone it until later, due to the fact that I'd already eaten way too much. I did have an off camera cup of coffee instead. It was flavored, and I totally forgot what the flavor was, but it was very good. (update) It was San Marco's Butter Rum coffee. Thanks, Lynda.

Later at home I had my piece of pie, although I think I really didn't need it. I was far from hungry. I used my last bit of cool whip on it.

The crust is my favorite part. I could eat it by itself.

After watching a little tv, I read for a couple of hours and went to bed. I should have went to bed sooner, but dadgummit, I was finishing that book. Now on to another one. Happy Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment