Google Search Results

Thursday, September 08, 2011

Pizza Pizza

Getting a late start this morning. This mornings breakfast took a little longer, more on that tomorrow. I am feeling a little better this morning, but didn't sleep all that great, due to stuffy head (sinus congestion).

Yesterday I woke up with a headache, stuffy head, really feeling pretty icky. I grabbed some decongestant, ibuprofen, coffee and the quickest breakfast available, a piece of chocolate cinnamon loaf. The coffee was half regular/half decaf. I gave it 5 stars. I really needed coffee.

The cinnamon loaf on the other hand was not my favorite, receiving only 2 possibly 3 stars. First of all, I would have never guessed there was chocolate in it. You could kind of taste it a little near the top if you knew it was in there. The loaf itself was a little on the doughy side. I'm pretty sure it was cooked, it just had a sort of doughy texture that I didn't particularly care for. This was after lightly toasting it in my toaster oven. I think as a cinnamon roll it may have been better. I did love that it wasn't terribly sweet.

Having a scratchy throat all day was a pain. I kept eating and drinking trying to sooth it, eating small amounts here and there throughout the day. My sneezing by the way, is driving me crazing.

The first thing I ate after breakfast, which came around 6:30am, was a Red Baron deep dish 4 cheese single pizza. This one you could microwave or bake in the oven. I chose my toaster oven, which took about 10 minutes straight from the freezer.

This came out great. It was pretty good for frozen pizza.

The next thing I ate was a small bowl of leftover broccoli casserole.

Then two tuna salad crackers made with leftover tuna salad and saltines.

After that came the last slice of strawberry cake. It was a bit broken and crumbly, but just as good as the other pieces.

Finally I was so fed up with my scratchy throat. I searched the internet for a home remedy. I found that honey and lemon juice in water was recommended, so I decided to give it a try. There wasn't a real recipe or anything, so I just heated a cup of water in the microwave, stirred in one tablespoon of lemon juice and 2 spoonfuls of honey. It was pretty good and I drank every drop. This remedy gets 5 stars. I could not believe how much better my throat felt. My throat was slightly scratchy right after drinking it, but not irritating. It gradually felt better and better and the scratchiness finally went away completely. It was not even scratchy this morning when I woke up. Love this remedy!!

Dinner was pizza again, not exactly my choice, but I didn't have to cook it, so I ate it anyway. We got Dominos deep dish again (I think hand tossed would have been better). We got a medium cheese with peppers and onions. The guys got pepperoni and bacon, yuck!

I normally love Dominos pizza, but I think after having eaten pizza once already, it didn't exactly thrill me, of course that didn't stop me from eating 3 pieces. I do love their bold zesty sauce.

Two on camera, one off camera.

I think I've now had enough pizza. If Lucas doesn't eat the rest it's going in the freezer. I was not at all tired yesterday. I did get to bed by eleven. This seems to work for me, even though, stuffy head kept waking me up. I did keep right on dreaming as I dozed in and out of consciousness, so apparently I did get some sleep. Well, that was my day. Now I'm off to watch, Dr. Oz's Welcome To Your 40's. How appropriate? Happy Thursday!!

Do you have any home remedies you'd like to rave about?

No comments:

Post a Comment