Google Search Results

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Veggie Cuisine's Enchilada Rojo With Mexican Style Rice Review

I'm having a soggy start this morning. Another sloppy, soupy, rainy, day. It would be so nice if I were sleeping just about now. Rainy days are great for sleeping, but I haven't been able to enjoy the first one. My bedtime keeps getting later and later, but I refuse to sleep any later. Eventually I will have to go to bed early, right?


I got up yesterday and fixed myself 2 breakfasts. I was more tired than I realized apparently. I got a muffin out of the freezer and defrosted it, in the microwave. I found it later after having eaten breakfast #2 of pineapple coconut cake and a small apple. Actually Lucas found it and ask about it, I hadn't given it the a second thought.




No, I don't know why there are two pictures of the same thing. I just noticed it and left it that way.


I was having Lexi again yesterday, while Mary went for a checkup. I was also having lunch before she got here. I fixed a Michelina's Fettuccine Alfredo (I plan to do a review for this eventually) for lunch with some added frozen peas. You have to vent the package anyway before cooking and so I popped in a few frozen peas. I wished I'd had some shredded carrot too or maybe some red bell pepper for color variety.

I somehow missed the first photo; just added it this morning. I noticed my font is also smaller, but didn't bother to change it. (update: it was too small to suite me, so I made it bigger) What do you think, keep it or make it larger? Before my new specs, I needed it larger....ta da! now I can see. I still think it's so cool to be able to see. Sorry, I went without glasses too long, apparently.

 I still love food closeups.

I also sneaked (snuck, is too a word, in my vocab) in a Russell Stovers dark chocolate caramel before Lexi got here. I don't normally eat caramel, but this wasn't too bad. I think it was because it had dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, which I'll eat, but don't prefer.

Super sleepy, while Lexi was here. She had chocolate milk & I had iced coffee using Starbucks Via iced coffee packet and milk 2%. If was fully caffeinated, so I just drank half and saved the rest (didn't want to bang my head by bouncing off the walls, although I needed it to keep up with Lexi).

Lexi was so ready for a nap, by the time Lindsay & Mary got back. They stayed a little longer. No pics again, I was just too out of it, forgot to mention, I also had a headache yesterday. Possibly due to the recent caffeine intake or maybe just stress, with my life it's hard to tell.

After they left and everything settled down, Mom & Lynda dropped by and brought me a new dinner to try. It was one of Lean Cuisine's Veggie Cuisine varieties, the enchilada rojo w/ Mexican style rice. I am very impressed with Lean Cuisine for coming out with more vegetarian dinners. It's not always easy to find meatless meals around here. It's almost like committing a cardinal sin just mentioning you don't eat meat in this area. 

Anyway, I tried the Enchilada Rojo with Gardein chick'n strips, with it's spicy chili sauce. It is sort of spicy, but I like spicy. The rice comes with black beans, roasted sweet corn, red peppers, and tomatillos. I didn't notice the tomatillos. The rice is sort of bland compared to the sauce, which I think is a good thing, because I used it to eat all of the sauce (not sure I'd want the sauce by itself).
Nutrition Facts

Lean Cusine Veggie Cuisine - Enchilada Rojo With Mexican Style Rice

Servings: 1 package (272g)



Calories 310 Sodium 670 mg
Total Fat 8 g Potassium 580 mg
Saturated 4 g Total Carbs 46 g
Polyunsaturated 1 g Dietary Fiber 4 g
Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 9 g
Trans 0 g Protein 13 g
Cholesterol 20 mg

Vitamin A 15% Calcium 20%
Vitamin C 35% Iron 15%

 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.


No, it doesn't look anything like the package photo, but who realistically expects it to.

We all know frozen dinners usually look pretty crappy, but would you buy it, if this photo were posted on the front of the box.


The rice looked a little better after fluffing it with a fork. In the box photo it looks as though the enchilada contents are sort of shredded, but they're not. There are nice size bites of the Gardein chick'n strips. That's mostly what's inside the enchilada. I gave this 4 stars.
 

I had a cup of Dairy Queen chocolate ice cream from the freezer. I topped it with some shredded coconut. I had my ice cream while I watched a movie. I watched "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".

I gave the movie 4 stars, 3 if you consider it is a foreign flick with subtitles. I would have preferred no subtitles, but it didn't bother me that much. I would have also preferred that they mention that in the movie trailer. The book and the movie had their differences, but nothing major and I liked that the movie gave more of an explanation as to why some of the character were the way they are. I did like having read the book before watching the movie. It being a foreign flick, it helped me keep up with the movie as I read and even though I knew what was more or less going to happen, it still held my interest. It also wasn't as graphic as I was afraid it might be, but it is no kiddie flick. I plan to watch the second movie after I've read the book.



Well, that was my day. Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment