Google Search Results

Sunday, September 04, 2011

Give Me Some Greens

We have a sunny morning, but the chance for rain gets better as the day goes on or so the forecast says. Yesterday was a good food day for me. I consider it a good food day when I'm pretty much satisfied with my food, you know, it's not just something I'm eating because, I'm out of all the good stuff.

What is the good stuff? Well for breakfast it was a banana pudding smoothie with peanut butter and cinnamon. This was yummy!


I did have a cup of decaf with a mystery donut later; even with the barely sweetened coffee the donut was a bit too rich. I broke it down into 2 separate snacks. I would be so happy if donuts came without glaze. I wonder if the donut places would leave off the glaze. I did use to get plain cake donuts at the Walmart deli (just plain or chocolate). I'm not sure if they still have these. It's been a while since I've bought them. I really don't have to buy sweets since Mom moved here, lol.

Any guesses?

This is my roasted vegetable grain salad that we got at The Fresh Market. This was the good stuff. It has red and brown rice. I love the red rice. This was the first time I've eaten it. The grain salad has sort of a Mexican flavor, with the black beans, corn, and cumin seasoning, really good.

I added some spinach to the salad, heating it until the spinach wilted. It was very good with the spinach. I also had a couple of eggs, scrambled with some taco sauce.

I suppose 1 egg and maybe some fresh salad would have been better, but I tend to choose quick over healthy. I need to do better in that area.

Another snack I had was some of the white chocolate mix with a few peanut butter pretzels, cutting the sweet with a little salty. I really need to get some apples, some healthier snacks. Any suggestions?

For dinner I had broccoli cheese tots. I added a little seasoning salt to the potato puffs and crisped them in the oven, topped them with hot broccoli and cheddar cheese. I put it all in the microwave for about a minute and melted the cheese.

Give me green. Spinach and broccoli are my favorite. I also love green beans.

What's your favorite green food? Your favorite way to eat it? I want to eat healthier. Healthy foods make me feel better and I'm all for feeling better. Happy Sunday! Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment