Google Search Results

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lean Cuisine Asiago Cheese Tortelloni Review

Hey, what brought you here? I'm really interested in what you are looking for. Please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks for stopping by!!

Another sidetracked morning. I wake up thinking of all this stuff I want to know or do or I see something I need to do and start doing that. It's called "but then" syndrome. I still haven't figured out what to do with the "narsty" artificially sweetened yogurt. I had half a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter and more raisins instead. I'm getting sort of burnt out on bagels too, so I'll be looking for something different for breakfast.


For lunch I tried Lean Cuisine's Asiago Cheese Tortelloni with tomatoes, yellow & green zucchini, and yellow carrots in a tomato vodka sauce.

Asiago Cheese Tortelloni Nutrition Facts
Serving Size    1 bag
Amount Per Serving
Calories    270
                                                  % Daily Value*
Total Fat     7.0 g                               11 %
 Saturated Fat     3.5 g                      18 %
 Trans Fat    0 g
 Polyunsaturated Fat    1 g

Monounsaturated Fat    1 g
Cholesterol     40 mg                         13 %
Sodium     670 mg                             28 %
Potassium     600 mg                         17 %
Total Carbohydrate     39 g                13 %
Dietary Fiber     5 g                           20 %
Sugars    7 g
Protein     14.0 g                                28 %
Vitamin A                                           70 %
Vitamin C                                           10 %
Calcium                                              25 %
Iron                                                    10 %
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

First I will tell you, I am not a fan of zucchini or squash period. The tortelloni comes in a steam in bag which you put in the microwave. I didn't use the bag. I opened it and took out most of the squash, except for a few that were frozen in clumps of sauce & pasta to be picked out later. I put the rest in a microwave steamer and heated as directed. I did like the tomatoes and yellow carrot which is also included. The sauce was yummy. I may have to buy a jar of vodka sauce and try it next. I've eaten it in the Smart Ones Mini Rigatoni and I really liked the sauce in both dinners.

I liked the tortelloni as well, but I did only give this dinner 4 stars, and that was just because I had to pick out the zucchini, other wise I would definitely recommend trying it, especially if you like zucchini. I had mine with a salad of spring mix, spinach, cucumber, peppers, and Zesty Italian dressing.

I enjoyed this meal and may even consider buying it again, even if I have to pick out the zucchini.

I didn't get around to having my tea until after lunch, so I did a decaf tea. I bought Stash Moroccan Mint Green Tea which includes a blend of spearmint, peppermint, & lemongrass.

This tea smells awesome. I love the smell of spearmint. I would also like to get some mint tea with a little caffeine in it for the mornings, but I loved having it without as well.

I had some maple brown sugar frosted mini wheats for a snack.

I had a yellow plate(no green here) for dinner. Oh, how I hate a yellow plate. I had 2 veggie patch veggie dogs, with mac & cheese and chili beans.Dinner was good, but I should have had some green in there somewhere.

This plate needs color, don't you agree?

Tonight is zumba night. I am thinking of posting a Zumba video on the days I have Zumba class. I wasn't sure whether to post it today or tomorrow when I actually tell you about class. Does this sound good? I will post it tomorrow for now, I guess. Happy Thursday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment