Google Search Results

Friday, September 30, 2011

Nature's Own Multi Grain Sandwich Round Review

It's a sunny morning and it's suppose to be the warmest day of the week. I like that it will be cooling off some, but with cool weather comes heartier foods. I no longer crave salads and light food, which I'm afraid will be a problem. I've already been eating heavier this summer than usual and I seem to be gaining weight, even doing Zumba twice a week. It's very depressing. I'm hoping that it's due to muscle mass. You know muscle weighs more than fat. My clothes are still tight, so it doesn't feel like muscle.

Enough with the bagels already. I need to check out some different breakfast ideas. I did add a little applesauce to yesterday's breakfast of half a cinnamon raisin bagel with peanut butter.


I also added a little flax to the bagel and some flax and cinnamon to the applesauce before eating it.

Not feeling too energetic yesterday, I also had a cup of Lipton orange, passion fruit, jasmine green tea with honey. I really needed a pick me up.

For lunch, I had a veggie burger on a Nature's Own multi grain sandwich round. I think these are great. I wasn't sure about them being so thin. I was afraid my sandwich wouldn't be as good, you know too much filler and not enough bread, but I was wrong. The thing I like most is that I didn't fill stuffed afterward. Bread always makes me feel too full compared to a big salad or a plate of cooked veggies. 


Thin and soft.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size
1 Roll (43 g/ 1.5 oz)
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100
Calories from Fat 10
                                                % DAILY VALUE *
Total Fat 1 g                                2 %
Saturated Fat 0 g                        0 %
Trans Fat 0 g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
Monounsaturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 0 mg                         0 %
Sodium 170 mg                           7 %
Total Carbohydrate 19 g             6 %
Dietary Fiber 4 g                       16 %
Sugars 2 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0 %                    Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 4 %                       Iron 6 %
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily
values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
                                 Calories:                       2,000                   2,500
Total Fat                  Less than                         65g                     80g
Sat. Fat                   Less than                         20g                     25g
Cholesterol              Less than                        300mg               300mg
Sodium                    Less than                     2,400mg            2,400mg
Total Carbohydrate                                        300g                   375g
 Dietary Fiber                                                  25g                     30g

I had my sandwich round with an Amy's quarter pound veggie burger and creamy coleslaw. I also had some chili beans on the side.
I lightly toasted my sandwich round on the outside. I'm giving the sandwich rounds 5 stars, of course the bag they come in only gets one. I manage to tear the zipper off of it. When I first opened the bag, the top part tore off of one side, then when I tried to open it a second time the zipper tore off completely. The zipper is obviously too strong for the bag. I had to put them in a different storage bag. I think an ordinary twist tie would have been better.

I did enjoy my lunch. I added a little carrot and red pepper to my slaw.

Yummy!
After lunch, I had Lexi and Mary for a little while. It was unexpected. I had hoped for a nap, but my grand babies needed me. They were very good and didn't try to kill me. We all played together in the floor with big Lego type blocks and Lexi fixed my hair, no pictures, sorry. Lexi didn't really want to go home when her Mom came to get them, but didn't put up too much of a fuss.

After the kids left, I had to get something to eat and get ready for Zumba. My dinner wasn't exactly dinner. I had a Smart Ones Fiesta Enchilada, that's it. I sort of ran out time. I still had my big puppies to feed and several other things to do before leaving. I also had a handful of almonds before leaving.

We got to work with our weights last night. I would really rather we did the weights both nights. I think it makes it harder on us just doing them one time. I need to start using mine at home more to make up for it. After Zumba I had Havarti cheese & vegetable crackers with olives as my snack. Surprisingly I was all that hungry. I thought I'd be starved after Zumba, not having had much for dinner. I did make a slightly larger snack, but I didn't really need it.

Here is one of my favorite songs which we do in Zumba. This is also the routine we do as well. It's our warm up song. It's very energizing and makes you want to get up and move. It's called Good Morning by Mandisa. Enjoy! Happy Friday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment