Google Search Results

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Starbucks Via, Fish, And A Haircut

Good morning! Well, I wasn't that excited when my alarm (my cell phone) went off, which I slept through for a while, as it went in my purse. It's still loud enough that I usually manage to hear it immediately, but not this morning. After having breakfast and a little eye opener (I'll get to that tomorrow), I am raring to go.

This was my eye opener yesterday, the other half of my Starbucks Via with milk, full caff., it makes 16oz. and half was all I needed. Lucas likes a little extra sugar in his, but I thought it was perfect as is. It's a little stronger that my own version, but very good. If I could get this in half caff., I'd give it 5 stars. Maybe they have decaf and I could mix one regular & one decaf.


I also had one of Panera's Pink Ribbon Bagels for breast cancer awareness. Panera donates a portion of the proceeds from each Pink Ribbon Bagel sold at participating bakery-cafes to a variety of breast cancer causes, including the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation and Y-ME National Breast Cancer Organization. The bagels are made with cherry chips and real bits of Bing cherries and cranberries. I had mine with peanut butter and a few dried cranberries along with half an apple. This was a really good bagel.

I waited a bit to long to fix lunch. I was about to starve by they time I got around to it. I grabbed a few vegetable crackers (Great Value) and a little Havarti cheese to nibble on while I fixed something for lunch.

I had Lean Cuisine's Four Cheese Cannelloni. The last time I had these the pasta was tough on the bottom, this time I cooked them by the package directions, they were over cooked and all the filling bubbled out around the pasta.

As I've said before the filling is not great and the sauce is alright, just a little bland. It's definitely not the worst thing I've eaten. I rated it on Lean Cuisine's website. I gave it 3 stars.

It did the job.

Later we went to get our hair cut and afterwards we went to O Charley's for dinner. I was thinking I would have the Teriyaki Sesame Tilapia, grilled whitefish with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes in pineapple-sesame sauce served over rice, which I'd gotten there before, unfortunately, they don't have that anymore and O Charley's is not very vegetarian friendly (no vegetable plates). All of the dinner salads come with meat and I don't trust the cooked veggies in places that aren't vegetarian friend. They usually put chicken or beef broth, bacon or some other meat product in them to get meat eaters to eat them. I opted for the Panko crusted shrimp and hand battered cod with salad and baked potato. We got our salads first. I chose ranch dressing for mine and I ate part of it before getting a picture, oops.

I got a couple of shots of Dale and his new do, while we were waiting for a dinner.

I caught this shot as I told him who he reminded me of, which wasn't necessarily bad, but he obviously objected.
No shots of my new do yet, but I did get my dinner photo before eating any of it. I didn't like that they put the butter & sour cream on my potato, for me. My salad dressing came on the side, Dale's came on his salad. I was also able to get a bottled water this time. They are usually out and I am force to drink Sierra Mist, etc. The fish and shrimp were pretty good, but I would have preferred an actual vegetarian meal. I think I will just pass on O Charley's from now on.

Lucas got a the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich, no tomato with fries. He really liked it, but would have preferred less crunchy chicken batter.

Dale had Steak & Shrimp Scampi. He was just mad that there wasn't more of it.

I think we were all full afterwards though. I save half my fish & shrimp and part of my potato for later. I also didn't eat all the salad, but they came an took it away. I should have told them to leave it. I would have liked some coffee or something afterwards, but I was too full. I had DQ chocolate ice cream from the freezer, with crushed dry roasted peanuts later after I had time to digest a little of my dinner.

It was a pretty good day. I guess I will cut this short and get off here. No Sunday dinner today, but I am being rushed for a trip to the Mall. Catch you all later. Subscribers please, Twitter followers also welcome!! Thanks to those already subscribed & following. Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment