Google Search Results

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Healthy Choice Ravioli Florentine Marinara Review

It's a chilly morning this morning. The heat has even kicked on. I wasn't real anxious to crawl out from under the warmth of my covers, but I finally did. Yesterday the cool down had started, but the morning wasn't quite as chilly as today. I was still able to enjoy a nice cold banana pudding smoothie. I put cinnamon in this one also. The cravings for fall foods have started so you may thankfully be seeing less smoothies and more of a variety of warm breakfast foods.


Still trying to lighten things up a little, I had a big salad for lunch. I used iceberg lettuce, Roma tomato, red bell pepper, onion, cucumber, shredded cheddar and a MSF grillers veggie burger. I used a mixture of buttermilk ranch dressing, chipotle mayo, ketchup and taco seasoning for dressing. Normally I would have used taco sauce instead of ketchup, but I was out. Surprisingly the ketchup worked out well as a substitution. It was different, but still very good.

Feeling sort of cool yesterday, I'd put on pants for the first time in a while. I'm happy to report that I was still able to get them on without a struggle. They are a little tighter than I prefer, but I was worried, with all the sweets I've been eating that I'd be in the market for a new wardrobe. I stupidly celebrated with a cup of decaf and an apple cinnamon donut. I tried to lie to myself and make it feel more healthy with a few slices of fresh apple on the side. I've been avoiding the scales for a few days, but will have to brave them again before long, to keep myself in check.

I tried to keep it light again for dinner. I decided to try Healthy Choice's Ravioli Florentine Marinara, at only 230 calories, I figured a salad on the side would keep things light and still fill my tummy.
I've included a link for coupons if anyone is interested in trying this or one of their other products. Since I use Ubuntu, which is unsupported by their coupon downloader/whatever, I had them send mine via snail mail. I've also included the nutritional break down for the ravioli.



Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 meal (241g)
Servings Per Container 1

Amount Per Serving
Calories 230
 Calories from Fat 35



% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4g6%
Saturated Fat 2g10%
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat .5g
Monounsaturated Fat 1g
Cholesterol 25mg8%
Sodium 540mg23%
Potassium 560mg16%
Total Carbohydrate 37g12%
Dietary Fiber 6g24%
Sugars 11g
Protein 11g

Vitamin A 15% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 20% Iron 8%

Vitamin E 8% Thiamine 8%
Riboflavin 10% Vitamin B12 15%
Pantothenic Acid 8% Phosphorus 20%
Magnesium 15% Selenium 30%
Copper 10% Manganese 50%

Diet Exchanges Per Serving**:
Lean Meat (1) Starch (2)
Vegetable (1) Fat (.5)
Contains: N
Weight Watchers® PointsPlus™ Value***: 4

*** The PointsPlus™ value for this product was calculated by ConAgra Foods, and is provided for informational purposes only. This is not an endorsement, sponsorship or approval of this product or its manufacturer by Weight Watchers International, Inc., the owner of the Weight Watchers® and PointsPlus™ trademarks.

The marinara sauce was a little sweeter than I prefer. I'm not a sweet sauce kind of gal. It's also a chunky sauce, which I like, with bits of onion, tomato, and what I assume was spinach or some type of green.  The sweetness wasn't as noticeable with the ravioli though. It had hardly any cheese on top, as indicated by the picture on the box. I still would have liked a little Parmesan sprinkled on top, but I suppose that would have made it not as light. I was in a bit of a hurry, so I prepared the pasta partially in the microwave and partially in the toaster oven. This took about 17minutes, verses the 30-35 minutes called for in the oven directions with more of the same results that I would get in the oven. It turned out well, not overdone or underdone.

I had a simple salad of lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion with Zesty Italian dressing. It was a good meal. I would give the ravioli 3.5 stars, between liked and really liked. I would buy it again, of course I may go ahead and add the Parmesan next time.

After dinner Lindsay came by to pick up her computer which Lucas had been working on. She came alone and visited some with Lucas while he finished up installing a new anti-virus program for her. I uploaded my photos and after Lindsay left was able to get started reading. I'd read a good bit earlier in the afternoon, but I was getting down to the good part and was hoping to finish up. It took a little longer than I'd expected. I read until a little after 12am. I finally read enough to satisfy myself. I went to bed with just a little of the ending left, which, I hope to finish up today. I may watch the movie if it's not too gory for me. The book was pretty detailed, but not as bad as it could have been. I don't think I'd want to see it though. Has anyone see the movie, "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo"? How many stars do you give it, 1-5, 5 being the best? Well, Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment