Google Search Results

Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Day Of Snacks And Mini Meals

I have come to the conclusion that as much as I would like to be, I am not a morning person, at least not until later in the morning. My idea of a good morning is sleeping soundly without hearing any noise until at least 9am. It seems that between 6 & 9 are when I get my best hours of sleep, until then, I'm just resting. After I wake up I wind out of bed slowly. I like to take a few deep breaths and stretch, but once I'm out of the bed, the day begins abruptly, jumping straight into breakfast prep, cleaning, & blogging.

Yesterday breakfast was coffee and another mystery donut from the freezer. I really needed the coffee. It really hit the spot.


The mystery donut, really is a mystery. I think it maybe a pumpkin spice donut, I'm just not sure. I do know that it probably came from Krispy Kreme because of the glaze. It really didn't have enough flavor for me to tell exactly what kind it was. I can tell you this, Dunkin's are so much better.

My whole day was off as far a meals went. It seemed more like mini meals or snacks all day. I just had a Weight Watchers Smart Ones cheese pizza for lunch.

I didn't use the fork or even cut the pizza, I just picked it up and ate it.

Later I had the last of the peach crisp. With Lucas' help this got gone fast. It really turned out good for a thrown together dessert. I will probably never be able to duplicate it again. I'm writing it down next time just in case I do.


We had to run over to Mom's yesterday to pick up a rental van for a road trip Dale is taking for them. Lynda is getting a new bed and Lucas got one out of the deal also. Between babysitting and Zumba, I wasn't able to go with him. He also left at about 3 or 4 in the morning which, I wasn't crazy about either. I like my road trips during the day.

I had a pre-dinner snack at Mom's, crackers and pimento cheese with a bottle of water.

I also had a key lime Oikos greek yogurt.


It's green. I liked it, but I still say Chobani lemon is better. The key lime is sort of a sweet lime flavor and I have more of a tart preference, which is why I prefer Chobani lemon.
 
I was on dairy overload afterward. I felt sort of yucky. I thought maybe some regular food would help, so I had some leftover foil pack grilled potatoes & onions with a few fresh slices of tomato seasoned with salt, pepper, oregano, and balsamic vinegar.

It really didn't help, even though it was pretty good. I just didn't have much of an appetite the whole day. It was an off day for food. Some days are like that for me.

I have good food days and bad food days. Some days I really enjoy everything I eat or at least most of it and other days, I really don't care for anything. It is the same for everyone or is it just me?

I think yesterday's highlight was the peach crisp. What was the best thing you ate yesterday? Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment