Google Search Results

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fish Friday

Late night, early morning. I couldn't sleep this morning, but I sure would have liked to. Dogs barking for no apparent reason woke me early from a sound sleep and I just could never get back into that deep sleep. After dozing in and out a few times, I finally gave it up and got up. A nice cup of hot tea would be good right now.

I didn't have coffee or tea yesterday. I started the day off with half an everything bagel spread with cream cheese and a nectarine. The nectarine was a little tart. I'd hoped it would ripen a little, but it was still just as firm as when I bought it; I was surprised. I thought for sure it would be soft and sweet. I'm not sure nectarine ripen the same way peaches do.



For lunch I made what I call, Spicy Asian Vegetable Soup. I didn't really have a recipe to follow and I didn't really have everything, I would have liked to put in it, but it turned out really good. I had 2 bowls.

I used frozen stir fry veggies, whole wheat spaghetti, onion, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, chives, salt, water, and a dab of Sriracha chili sauce.
All I had was one packet of soy sauce. I would have probably used a little more along with some green onion instead of the regular onion & chives. The sesame oil and sriracha sauce is really key and with each, a little goes a long way. I've drafted a recipe to put up eventually, so that I will remember what goes in it and the amounts I used, but I would like to make it one more time using the ingredients I didn't have.

I had a small bowl cup of Breyer's Snickers ice cream.

I could probably eat a lot more than this, but we know how that would end. I just can't afford a new wardrobe right now, not sure I want one in a larger size.

Dale wanted fish for dinner, so we went to Blue Bay.  I tried to go light, opting for broiled instead of fried. I got the red slaw which I always get. They have the best red slaw. I don't normally get white slaw unless I know who made it. I also got a baked potato which I also always get. I don't get baked potatoes that often, but it's one of my favorite ways to eat a potato. I usually eat skin and all. 

I did have to have a little butter on my potato and the fish was a little dry, so I used some tarter sauce with it. They didn't give me any hush puppies, but Lucas shared some of his. I was in the mood for hushpuppies, but these aren't exactly my favorite anyway. They're slightly sweet and a little tough. I prefer the round ones with onion from Captain D's. Actually if Captain D's had the red slaw, I would rather eat there. My dinner also came with a salad. Lucas' dinner came with the slaw and he and I traded. The salad did look really good.

Lucas and I watched a movie last night after dinner. We watched, "The Hit List" with Cuba Gooding Jr. It wasn't a bad movie, it held my interest, but I not a particular fan of all the killing. It wasn't terribly gory, but there was quite bit of blood. I gave it 3 stars, but if you like that sort of thing you might rate it higher. It was also a little weird when you think about it. A guy coincidentally meets a crazy hit man after having a bad day, who tells him he's a hit man, and while unbelieving, jokingly makes a hit list of the 5 people who've ruined his day, including his wife, and then has to find a way to stop him once he realizes it was the truth, while also trying to convince the police that he was not involve in the murders. Did you see it? What was your opinion?

Well, I'm off to the flea market. I will let you know when I get that recipe up. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Happy Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment