Google Search Results

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jade Dragon Vegetable Egg Rolls Review

This morning is filled with the names of those, who lost their lives on 9/11 as I watch the television broadcast of 9/11: America Remembers. There were so many. It makes writing this morning difficult. God bless those who lost their lives and all those effected by this tragedy.

I'm late this morning getting started. My alarm only went off once, I thought I'd hit the snooze button, but apparently not. I overslept about an hour and a half.

Yesterday I had half an everything bagel with cream cheese for breakfast and as good as it was, I was missing my fruit.

After breakfast Dale and I went to the flea market. It was the first time I've been since the old one burned down and the new one opened. It was a lot nicer than the old one. The best part was how clean everything looked and how nice the bathrooms are, although there was still no soap in them. Note to self, be sure to take hand wipes or sanitizer when going to the flea market. I did see a few of the old vendors that I liked going to. All I got was a big bottle of Dawn dish soap while I was there. I use to get produce cheaper at the flea market, but since the new buildings have gone up, so have the prices. There were a few things I can still get at a bargain. I should have bought some vanilla extract while I was there. I saw it, but didn't realize I was just about out at home.

By the time we got back I was starved. All through the flea market you could smell food, of course the main smell was hot dogs......not interested. We need a vegetarian food vendor at the flea market please or at least one with several vegetarian options. Fries do not count, sorry. 

I went for something quick as usual when I got home. The quickest being leftover pepper & onion pizza with leftover salad from Blue Bay.

I heated the pizza in the toaster oven (6 minutes, 5 would have been enough), while I put the salad on my plate and cut up the thick slice of tomato that came with it.

I used light ranch dressing on my salad with the last minute addition of dried dill and black pepper.

Later I had a few wheat crackers spread with cream cheese. I used the dill again along with a sprinkle of garlic powder on the cream cheese inside the crackers for a little extra flavor.

We went to Save A Lots in the afternoon. I bought these vegetable egg rolls. I didn't realize there were only 3 to a pack. They came with both microwave and conventional oven directions. I did 2 of them in the microwave. Although I did not place them on a paper towel as directed they were soggy when they were done. Somehow I'm just not sure if the paper towel would have helped. I then place the egg rolls without wrappers into the toaster oven for a few moments to crisp them up. This worked nicely.

Jade Dragon - Vegetable Egg Roll

1 egg roll  Servings per container: 3

Calories 70 Sodium 530 mg
Total Fat 2 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 11 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 3 g
Trans 0 g Protein 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 30% Calcium 2%
Vitamin C 25% Iron 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

Even though the egg rolls and I got off to a soggy start, I was pretty impressed with them otherwise. They had a very nice flavor. They also came with 3 packets of sweet & sour sauce, one for each egg roll. The sauce has a slightly spicy flavor, which reminds me of horseradish. It wasn't what I expected, when described as sweet & sour sauce, but I did like it.

I had the egg rolls along with some of my spicy Asian vegetable soup.

I'd hoped to finish off the soup, but after eating one bowl and 2 egg rolls, I was too full to finish off the rest.

I did manage to get to bed by 11:30 last night. I didn't get much reading done. I spent too long playing games and fooling around on the internet. Hopefully I can stay on track tonight and be able to squeeze in a little reading. Happy Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment