Google Search Results

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

It's All About The Food

Happy Tuesday! As I'm writing this, it is still Monday, but by the time most of you are reading it, it will be Tuesday early or late. I slept well last night and I was very refreshed this morning, but chilly. I would have really liked to stay under the covers, where it was warm, but I got up anyway. Breakfast this morning was similar to the breakfast I had the other day, peach yogurt in a bowl with flax, apple, and oatmeal muffin crumbled on top, but today, I added peanut butter. I wasn't sure about it, but I thought I would try something different. It really was good. Originally the sweetness of the yogurt was a bit overpowering, but the peanut butter made it less sweet. 



I am going to try to cut back on my sugar intake, although today was not the day. I don't do artificial sweeteners, so it will be difficult, since I have a major sweet tooth. Sundays will be more difficult; hopefully I can do that too. Wish me luck. I have a feeling I am going to need it. I have more of a problem wasting food than I have turning it down, so the sweets I already have will be the issue. 

I am also looking into energy foods, since lately I have had a severe lack of it. I want to increase my activity. I don't seem to get nearly as much exercise as I use to. I have always been someone that did some sort of exercise, just not a lot of it. I was mostly active just moving around, not sitting still for very long. Now it seems that the less I do, the less I want to do. I have got to change that. Who's with me?

I really need the motivation.  I need positive reinforement.  As long as DS was willing/able to walk with me, we were walking about 5 miles  a day. May be I will talk to him tomorrow/ Tuesday and try to set up a time to walk again. 

Today I tried to stay active cleaning etc. We went to Walmart. You'd be surprised how many steps you can get in shopping, more when you have money to spend, lol. Grocery shopping may not be a good choice though, unless you have some self control. Today all I wanted to look at was bread. I know it's Walmart, but they do have some really nice looking bread in the deli. It's all so soft and smells so good. I bought some Marketside Multigrain sub rolls. I also bought some everything bagels. I love the smell of garlic. 




When I got home, it was time for lunch and I was ready. I had leftover cabbage rolls, 7 layer salad which wasn't quite as good the next day and green beans. I added some baby mixed greens to the 7 layer salad, but it just wasn't the same. The cabbage rolls where the best part with green beans coming in second. It would have been nice to have a big piece of buttered cornbread or at least some corn on the cob. I will have to put that on my next grocery list.



After lunch, I had a little bowl of the coffee brownie trifle. There wasn't much of this left Sunday. We all scrambled for a little dab, which is why I posted the recipe yesterday and I split what we got with DS. It is better when there is a dessert that gets gone quick. I don't wind up eating it all, lol. 



Between lunch and dessert, I was miserably full for a little while. That is something else I have been working on, but have yet to master. I have to learn my limits and stop eating before I am completely full. I have to learn to eat slower, so that my body has time to tell my brain I am full. I have gotten better about this, I still overindulge occasionally. It is my fear of letting food go to waste. I have started freezing food, if possible to keep from over eating and not putting as much on my plate in the first place. Smaller plates help. I still seem to over do it when there are more choices of food. I will also have to learn to say, "No, thank you".

When it was time for dinner, I still wasn't really hungry. I was just starting to get hungry, but I already knew what I wanted. I had planned to eat half of one of the multi grain sub rolls. I spread a little pesto on the bread and sprinkled on some mozzarella cheese and stuck it in my little toaster oven while I threw together a salad. The nice thing about eating raw veggies is that for me, they are filling, but I don't stay miserable for hours if I over do it, which is why I try to eat mostly raw veggies or fruit or at least include them in the meal. My salad included, mixed baby greens, radishes, cucumber, red onion and some bell pepper that we rescued from the garden before the frost. I sprinkled it with a little flax and Italian dressing. I really enjoyed the meal and then I just had to have half of one of the little cupcakes. I did just have half anyway. I will do better.



Who could resist that? Are you trying to lose weight or at least maintain it? What strategies are you using?

Here is an offer I found on the Clinique website.
Free w/ Purchase - Clinique

No comments:

Post a Comment