Google Search Results

Monday, March 07, 2011

Dinner, Dessert,, And A New Project

I awoke to the sound of rain and the television this morning. Another gloomy day, but we did get some much needed rain. I slept pretty good, but I think I could have slept longer. I had to get up though, because I had things to do before going to Mom's for dinner. I got up and got a shower after eating breakfast.

What's in the bowl
Food Lion Vanilla yogurt
Ground Flax
Sliced Fresh Strawberries
Chopped Walnuts


It was pouring down the rain when I got into the shower. I was hoping it would let up by the time we left, luckily it didn't. 
I didn't get pictures of the grand babies. Lexi is still refusing pictures and the ones I got of Mary were blurred, also my camera battery was dying. I forgot to check last night after uploading my pics, which reminds me, I need to stop long enough to put the battery on the charger or else I will forget again. Done.

I was lucky enough that I managed to get shots of the food before the battery died. I charged it for a few minutes so that I could get shots of dessert, dinner #2 when I got home and get them uploaded. This is what was on the menu today.

Fried Chicken

Crockpot Pork

Meatloaf With Turkey Bacon

Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers

Mashed Potatoes

Sweet Potatoes

Bagged Salad With Broccoli, Tomatoes, & Cucumber

Macaroni Salad

Green Beans
Cornbread

What's on the plate
Stuffed Bell Pepper
Green Beans 
Mashed Potatoes
Salad w/ All The Veggies & Light Thousand Island Dressing
Cornbread

Everything was good. I love green beans and salad with cornbread. We also had cooked cabbage, which I forgot to get a shot of. I couldn't fit everything on my plate and I was surprised I was able to eat all I had, since I have been eating small plates lately. I wasn't stuffed either.

We had Apple Crisp for dessert.

I even had a little of the apple crisp with cool whip on top. 

While I was at Mom's, DH called and told me, he'd found a Hoosier cabinet at an auction and was able to get it for me. I will have to post pictures tomorrow, but I now have a new project. It does need some TLC which may take a little time. Finding a temporary spot for it first, then cleaning is the next thing. 

I just had a small meal when I got home. A Morning Star Farms veggie sausage on a canned biscuit and some of the leftover sweet potatoes. I saw I'd lost 3lbs this morning, but I may find it tomorrow.

 I had a good day, despite the rain. Now it's time for bed. I was a little slow getting started this evening and got sidetracked a couple of times as well, so I'm off to get ready for bed. Definitely doing my yoga tonight since I've seen a big improvement in my sleep since I started.







No comments:

Post a Comment