Google Search Results

Friday, October 22, 2010

Groceries From Aldi

I wasn't so enthused when I woke up this morning, but I told myself today would be a good day. I had my usual bagel. I had cream cheese on it this morning. It is getting sort of boring eating the same old thing (bagel, bagel, bagel), so I will try something different tomorrow. 



It was such a lovely day. I went outside and fooled around in the yard. I am just starting to get into the habit of taking my camera with me everywhere, but I didn't think to get any pictures when I was out in the yard. I cleaned off the porch and picked up a little in the yard. My bagel wasn't doing such a good job of keeping me full. It wasn't really time for lunch so, I decide to go in and have a snack. I had the other half of the big apple, that I had yesterday and a little bowl of the banana split snack mix from Fresh Market. 



After my snack I did a few more things around the house. I figured I should decide what to have for lunch, but then (do you have "but then" syndrome), I got to reading a few of the blogs I am interested. Well the next thing I knew, it was 3pm and we were going to Mom's and I had planned to take shower first, so I had to go and take a quick shower, grab a snack and run out the door. I had some sesame sticks and a Little Debbie pumpkin cake. Sorry, no time for pics. I did get a couple of pics at Mom's of the fall leaves and a beautiful shot of the sun coming through the tree top. 




We were suppose to meet DH at Mom's. He hadn't gotten there yet, so Mom fixed us a little decaf and just as the coffee was getting done DH came in. After the cup of coffee we were off again. We had to get a few things at Walmart and then were off to get groceries at Aldi. Woohoo groceries! The bad thing is, I was starving. You just don't go to the grocery store when you are starving, especially when funds are limited. I just don't make logical choices on an empty stomach. Needless to say I will really be regretting it at the end of the week, when all I have is junk to eat. Here are a few highlights of the things I got at Aldi.








Well we jumped in the car, stomachs grrrrowling and headed home. DS, who came along, and I had to sneak us a cream puff on the way. Yummy but frozen. I don't like them thawed, but not frozen solid either. 

My mind was spinning trying to figure out what I was going to have for supper. I had all kinds of great stuff, but was having trouble deciding what would be first. I finally decided, it should be something quick, since I was so hungry. Salad was the quickest, easiest thing. I had a great big salad of butter lettuce, mushrooms, red onion, cucumber, carrot, and broccoli with a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese, ground flax, walnuts, and a little Italian dressing. It hit the spot, exactly. After that I had just enough room for the last little mini cupcake (no cuppy cake pic) . 





It really was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment