Google Search Results

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Its Party Time

I went to bed very late last night. I watched too much tv before getting started on my photos and I had quite a few to go through, although not many made this post. We celebrated my daughters birthday yesterday and although I tried to get some photos none of them turned out. I cannot take people photos, not sure if it's me or the camera, but either way it didn't work out.

I started the day with a banana smoothie with peanut butter, cinnamon, and honey. I don't really have a recipe for this one. It's similar to the banana pudding smoothie minus the vanilla wafers plus a spoonful of peanut butter, a little honey, and a dash or two of cinnamon.

To celebrate Lindsay's birthday we had planned dinner at Romano's, an Italian restaurant, but as luck would have it, the restaurant burned down a few days before, so at last minute we decided to have pizza and caked at Mom's. I didn't eat anything before going to mom's and it had been a while since breakfast, so I munched on some Muddy Trail snack mix, with chocolate covered pretzels & raisins, M&M's, and yogurt covered cereal and cranberries. It helped a little to tide me over until the pizza's arrived.

The birthday girl got to decide where to get the pizza. She picked Dominos. We got 5 pizzas, two of which were their Pacific Veggie pizzas. One with olives and one without. I had to be quick to get photos once the pizza arrived. Everyone was hungry, so it was a risky mission.

As you can see, this is the one with olives. Yum!!

We also got 2 Ultimate Pepperoni Feast Pizzas. One was nearly gone before I got a shot. This is the second one.

The Wisconsin 6 Cheese pizza  was also half gone.

We also had a small veggie platter with dip. I got 2 slices of the Pacific Veggie w/ olives, along with a few carrots and some broccoli with dip. The pizza was yummy!

For dessert we had carrot cake, Lindsay's favorite.....
....and of course a birthday cake (yellow cake).

Mom made coffee to go with dessert and I had a small slice of each cake with coffee and just a little raw sugar. I skipped the ice cream, although cake is better with ice cream.

Both cakes were very good.

I was so full after the pizza and cake that I pretty much skipped dinner. I munched on a couple of handfuls of cheese puffs while uploading photos, just to keep me awake. There was nothing on tv that I was interested in so I decided to watch a movie. I watched You Again with Kristen Bell, Jamie Lee Curtis, & Betty White. Unfortunately it was not my kind of movie. It was too silly for me. I guess I am more of a comedy drama type person. I can do without the embarrassing comedy. For me this movie only gets two stars, but I suppose it wasn't that bad if you like those kind of movies.


I've managed to get this post done on time. I haven't had that much sleep, but I don't really feel like it right now. I was wide awake at 8am. There may be a nap in my future. Happy Sunday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment