Google Search Results

Friday, March 02, 2012

A Slow Day

This morning I was awake again after only 5 hours of sleep. I'm not sure it was the coffee from yesterday. I think maybe my body clock is wound too tight or something. I decided to go caffeine free today. I made myself a no recipe smoothie for breakfast, just throwing in half an apple, a few slices of frozen banana, and 2 teaspoons of the vanilla instant pudding along with my usual smoothie ingredients. I'd just added one tsp of the pudding mix to begin with, but my smoothie was a little thinner than usual. I also threw some cinnamon in. It was really cold and tasted pretty good.

I guess due to my lack of sleep, I wasn't feeling all that great today. The day seemed sort of slow. It was nice outside, but I just wasn't impressed by it. I did as little as possible. I guess the day would have went by quicker if I'd been doing something.

I made a pizza for lunch, a tofurky tortilla pizza. I laid out my flour tortilla, then I spread on a thin layer of light cream cheese. I put a few spoons full of salsa over the cream cheese and topped it with 3 slices of peppered tofurky that I'd cut into shreds. I sprinkled shredded Mexican blend cheese over it all and place it in my toaster oven to bake for about 6 minutes. The tortilla was crisp on the edges, but still soft underneath. The cheese had melted and had started to brown. It was just right. I cut it into wedges like most pizzas. I could fold the wedges and eat them in 2 or 3 bites. It was really good. I liked the cream cheese on the bottom. It keep the tortilla from getting too soggy and the tofurky apparently goes pretty well with just about anything or at least it's went well with everything I've tried so far.

I had a cup of the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding, this one was as good as the first. If you don't try it, you're really missing out.

I took a nap this afternoon. It was my plan all along. I slept really deeply for a couple of hours. I was even dreaming, which I rarely do, but I can't remember it all that well, just enough to know I did. When I got up, Lucas & DH and gone to the shooting matches. I had the tv all to myself again, but there wasn't much on tv. I decided to make dinner and watch the movie we'd gotten from Netflix. 

I made dinner. I laugh. What I did was cut a piece of bread into chunks, spray it with butter flavored cooking spray, sprinkled it with garlic powder, Italian seasoning, & parmesan cheese, then I baked it in the toaster oven for 5 minutes, while I opened and heated a can of Amy's tomato bisque soup.

It was simple, but I liked it and it filled the void.

I had my soup while the movie started. I watched The Rum Diary with Johnny Depp. As usually it was sort of a weird movie. It was based on a novel with the same name written by Hunter S. Thompson. While the movie had potential, I really didn't care for it. I kept thinking it would get better as it went, but it basically just stayed about same all the way to end where it took a nose dive. I hate it, but this one is only getting 2 stars from me.

Done....and it's not even 2am yet. Am I good or what? I laugh. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment