Google Search Results

Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Years Day Dinner

It's New Years Day. I stayed up late, but I didn't watch the ball drop. It's not my thing. I was asked the question several times today. It seems to be what people do on New Years Eve. I was just never fascinated by it. I didn't sleep well. I would have loved to have laid in bed all day, lol, instead I got up unwillingly and fixed some breakfast. I had a good breakfast. I ate half a cranberry bagel toasted and spread with butter (actually margarine), and a pineapple Chobani greek yogurt topped with a mixture of cornflakes, cheerios, and Yoder's peanut butter almond granola. I enjoyed every bite even though I would have rather been sleeping.



A bit of a day brightener for me was that I braved the scales this morning to find that despite all the magic bars I have inhaled, not to mention everything else, I have somehow managed to maintain my weight. I would still like to lose a few pounds, but the main thing is that I haven't gained any. Yippy!

After breakfast, I got a shower and got ready to head to Mom's. I somehow forgot to inform Dale that we would be going today instead of Sunday. He was already up and gone. So Lucas and I were the only ones going.

I will tell you now, that I didn't get photos of all the food, but I did get the stuff that photographs the best. I seem to have gotten distracted by grand babies. They are my favorite part of our family get togethers. What I didn't get photos of was the cooked broccoli, Mom's traditional hoppin' John, cooked cabbage complete with dime which we thought someone had eaten, but then found, lol, the crockpot pork roast (I think) and barbecued chicken. I may realize something else I missed later, but as far as I know that was it.

What better distractions?


Now for what I did get photos of.

A big juicy ham

Sliced cucumbers and tomatoes (my request)

A tray of fresh veggies and ranch dip

Broccoli cornbread

Regular cornbread

Mashed Potatoes

Potato Salad

Macaroni Salad

Lots of snacks and pickles

My plate - lot of fresh veggies, dip, corn, dilled brussel sprouts, broccoli cornbread, potato salad & mash potatoes(I got the mashed potatoes first & then remembered the potato salad.

Snowball cake with shredded coconut separate for those who like it. There were also assorted Krispy Kreme donuts and bowls of candy, which Lexi enjoyed.

I like coconut

Also a picture of everyone gathered in the living room after dinner.

It was a good day, except for the rain and the fact that I made myself miserable eating. Did you watch the ball drop?

No comments:

Post a Comment