Google Search Results

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Lots Of Chocolate And A Really Good Salad

I have photos of all the food I've eaten since my last post. It doesn't start with breakfast. It starts with my late night meal and dessert. After last night's post I ate one of my leftover Asian salmon patties with a little of the Sesame Mayo Dressing and leftover rice.


After my salmon and rice, I had half of a Krispy Kreme dark chocolate filled donut. I wasn't impressed. It was just a donut with chocolate (not dark) icing on the instead and the outside. I would have rather had the regular cream filled donut or the donut that's rolled in granulated sugar, those are my two favorites from Krispy Kreme.



I was late getting to bed, I didn't sleep well, as usual, but I did sleep some. I had decided to have a pumpernickel bagel for breakfast with egg salad. I love grilled egg salad sandwiches on pumpernickel bread, so I decide I would do the same with the bagel. I toasted it and spread egg salad on half. It was quite filling, but the pumpernickel bagel was a little sweeter than the bread I normally get. I think I would have preferred having a different topping for the bagel, but you really should try a grilled egg salad on pumpernickel. It's tricky though, cause it's hard to tell when it's browned.



Later I had a bit of "Da Bomb", as we call it or the Coffee Brownie Trifle. It is absolutely yummy and it's a good thing I don't have more or my pants would be splitting at the seams; they've already stretched and far as they can, which means I need to be backing off the sweets. I really want to, I'm just terrible at saying no.




I had a late lunch because I never got around to it and I had to go to the store to pick up a few things, so by the time we got back it was really late for lunch. I was starving by then. Luckily I had Sunday leftovers, which I only had to reheat. I had a little of the Black Bean Tortilla Bake, broccoli, mashed potatoes, corn on the cob and a roll. My roll got a little soggy, so it wasn't so good, every thing else was just the same as the day it was fixed.




Now, since lunch was late, that means dinner would be late, my post would be late and I will be late getting to bed. It's a vicious cycle. Dinner was late, but it was worth the wait. I had a nice big yummy salad of baby greens, broccoli, onion, carrots, walnuts dried cranberries, and chow mein noodles with a French type dressing and some added balsamic vinegar to cut the sweetness a little. It was such a good salad. I don't think I've had a really good salad, since I got to go to Ruby Tuesday's. I need to make more of an effort to eat more salads. I love salads, but I have been sort of lazy with food prep lately and I really love elaborate salads.

I took a few shots of the salad before decided to add chow mein noodles. I needed some crunch.




You can tell, I liked the salad, right:?

Now I'm going to get ready for bed, since it's way late and I'm way sleepy, until my head hits the pillow, right? Well hopefully, I'm exhausted enough, I'll just pass out for several hours. What time are you reading this? Just wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment