Google Search Results

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tiny Meals

Today was a day of timy meals all day long. Of course breakfast just looked tiny.  I had another Tropical Smoothie and if you've had one you know, it's very filling.


What's in the glass
Frozen Banana Slices
Canned Crushed Pineapple
Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
Chobani Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Honey
Ice Cubes
Ice cold and yummy!

I made some hummus today, a new recipe. It was Roasted Red Pepper hummus (recipe) and it was delicious, just not quite as thick as I prefer. It is about the consistency of store bought, maybe a little thinner. Great for dipping. I tested it out with a couple of Lays Cajin Herb & Spice potato chips. It has an amazing flavor. I'll probably just make sure everything is drained better next time and maybe try cutting back a little on the lemon juice. It uses 3 T. but, doesn't taste reallly lemon-y like I was afraid it might. I don't want to mess with the flavor though, so I may have to use it all. I'll just have to try it and see.

Lucas made baked cheese ravioli with spinach. Actually the spinach was mostly on one half of it as a just in case measure. He layered frozen cheese ravioli, shredded mozzarella, fresh chopped spinach and spaghetti sauce in a casserole dish. Topping it with most of the mozzarella. This is sort of a lazy man's lasagna. He baked it at 350 degrees for about 35 -45 minutes. I had some of it for lunch. It was pretty good. The sauce we used was a little sweet though.

Just a little in a bowl without salad or anything. I thought about salad, but didn't feel like fixing it (see lazy).  It does have spinach in it. I also topped it with a little grated Parmesan.

I promise there is spinach under there.

A little later I had some leftover apple for a snack. They are from 3 separate apples, I used to make smoothies etc. 

We were behind getting dinner ready and I was starved, so I had some of the Roasted Red Pepper hummus. I was hoping it would get thicker in the fridge, but it was still about the same. I toasted 3 little slices of French bread and spread it with the hummus, then I topped each with some slices of cucumber. The cucumber was awesome with the hummus. I'd never thought of eating with it before. I even dipped a couple of slices. I usually use carrots or celery. Note to self, cucumber goes great with hummus.

For dinner we tried couscous. It's one of those things, I was sure I would probably like, but had just never tried it. We bought a box of Near East Parmesan Couscous. I had mine topped with chopped cooked broccoli sprinkled with a little extra Parmesan and nutmeg. It tasted ok, not a lot of flavor, but I didn't care for the texture so much. It sort of sticks together, but is mostly like eating crumbs. I haven't given up on it yet though. I will try some other recipes with it, before righting it off completely. What's your favorite way to eat couscous?

Over all I had some pretty good food today.  My latest craving is another black bean and pineapple quesadilla. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you about the latest movie I watched. Yesterday I watched The Back-Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez and Alex O'Loughlin (the darked haired guy on the new Hawaii Five O). It didn't hurt that the he's a cutie, but it's a pretty good movie. I give it 4 stars. It was pretty funny too, but definitely a chick flick. I could watch this one again.


Even though today was about tiny meals, I'm not sure they helped with my weight lost. Only the scales will tell. So far, I haven't done so well. How are you doing?





No comments:

Post a Comment