Google Search Results

Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Yummiest Tomato Soup & Sandwich

This morning I got up after listening to the wind howling and pouring down rain all night. I slept fairly well though, only waking briefly a few times. I fixed myself another smoothie for breakfast. I had an Apple Crisp Smoothie, minus the walnuts. I am out of walnuts, so I used fresh grated nutmeg instead. If you're craving some apple crisp, pie or cobble, this smoothie just might hit the spot, especially if you like it a la mode. This is the smoothie I make whenever, I'm craving something cinnamon-y for breakfast.

 What's in the glass
Diced Fresh Apple
Chobani Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
Ice Cubes

I had another unexpected outing today. Mom and Lynda invited me to go with them again. We had lunch at Panera's and I had the most amazing tomato soup with half a Mediterranean Veggie sandwich. My two favorite things to have when eating at Panera's. The soup is made with vine ripened pear tomatoes, pureed with fresh cream for a velvety smooth flavor, accentuated by hints of red pepper and oregano, topped with Asiago croutons. The sandwich was also delicious, but would have been better if the bread had been toasted a little. My only complaint was that the crust of the bread was a little tough, but had it been toasted, I think it would have been alright. The sandwich comes with zesty sweet Peppadew peppers, feta, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, onion, & cilantro hummus, on tomato basil bread. I had my choice of apple or chips and as you can see, I got the apple. I am saving it for later. I was plenty full after eating the soup and sandwich.
 Later we stopped by the Fresh Berry frozen yogurt cafe and had a little fro-yo treat. I had a small cup of vanilla. We got our choice of 3 toppings. I chose crushed graham crackers, shredded coconut and maraschino cherries. It was a fantastic choice of toppings. I've been hoping to make a trip back to Fresh Berry. I love frozen yogurt & anyone who knows me, knows I love fruit.
 Yummo!!!

I tried to go lite this evening for dinner, since we'd indulged in "good food" all day, so I had a salad.

What's in the bowl
Iceberg
Fresh Spinach
Chopped Roasted Red Peppers From a Jar
Great Northern Beans Drained & Rinsed
Crumbled Feta
Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette 

Not a bad salad. I'll have to make this one again sometime.
 No linking in this one either tonight. Sorry. I really need to get in bed. I'm going to have to do better. Please check out the popular posts on the right, my recipe page and/or my about me page. Don't forget, you can subscribe via RSS or email, follow me with Google Friend Connect or on Twitter and if you like this page, please hit the stumble button on the right. I really appreciate you taking a look and hope you'll come back. Be sure to leave a comment. Love those. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment