Google Search Results

Friday, April 01, 2011

A Day Of Snacking And Zumba

Today's breakfast is the Pear Berry Smoothie. Smooth and simple, simply delicious.

This morning, I was surprised to find that my cheap blender has a crack at the bottom of the plastic pitcher which now lets liquids flow from the bottom. I wasn't totally surprised. It was cheap, it is made of plastic and it has been recently given a workout, due to my new fascination with smoothies. Luckily I also own a hand blender. I wasn't sure if it could handle the ice in the recipe. I got another surprise. My hand blender, did a far better job of blending my smoothie than my regular blender. It was quicker and was a simpler cleanup.

What's in the glass
Peeled Diced Pear
Diced Strawberries
Milk 2%
FL Vanilla Yogurt 1%
Old Fashion Oats
Ground Flax
Honey
Ice Cubes
I've posted the recipe on my recipe page.
Today their was a lot of snacking going on.  I kind of got sidetracked this morning and breakfast was late. After I had my smoothie, we went over to Mom's for a little bit. She tempted me with a Russell Stover truffle egg. I hardly ever eat candy, but there are a few types I can't resist, the kind with truffle in the name being one of them. Usually when it comes to chocolate, I prefer dark chocolate, but for some reason, if it says truffle, the dark chocolate preference goes out the window.  This one was alright, but my favorite is Dove truffle eggs. Dove only makes truffles once or twice a year. I usually splurge for one at Easter, which use to be the only time you could buy them. What's your junk food weakness?

I saved the truffle until I got home. I also had a couple of handfuls of sesame nut mix with extra sesame sticks. Sweet & Salty, that's me.

I guess lunch was a slice of leftover Amy's Pesto Pizza with broccoli and tomato. I heated it in the oven today. I didn't want another microwave disaster. It was crispy and delicious.

Today is Zumba day. My pre-Zumba snack was half an apple with peanut butter. 

Zumba class was great. It is so much fun it hardly seem like a workout, except that we definitely work up a sweat. I still haven't gotten all the moves down. My have trouble getting my hand and feet both doing what they're suppose to be doing. I can manage one of the other, but not both, lol, and my butt has no idea what it's suppose to do, but it's still fun. Moving is the main thing and we definitely move.

When I got home I had another Amy's Bowl. This time it was her Mexican Casserole. It was yummy. Like I always say, " If I have to eat a frozen meal, let it be Amy's."


Although I did a lot of snacking today, I did get my exercise in. I'm hoping that will make up for some of it. I always feel so good afterwards. How did you do today? Brag a little! What great food did you enjoy?

No comments:

Post a Comment