Google Search Results

Monday, April 11, 2011

Still Craving Carbs

I went to bed craving peanut butter and woke up craving it too, but I cured my craving, at least for the peanut butter. I seem to be craving carbs as well. I think I could eat all day long if there wasn't danger of me exploding. I have to keep telling myself, "You're Full".  Oh yeah, as you can see, I didn't have a smoothie for breakfast. I had another of my favorite things to eat, fruit, cereal and yogurt.

What's in the bowl
Vanilla Yogurt
Ground Flax
Cheerios
Kix
Multi Grain Flakes
Pink Lady Apple 
Cinnamon
Warm Peanut Butter
I'm pretty sure I've had this combo before, but it's so good.
I was up early this morning, so I had breakfast early, which gave me more hours in the day to fight my cravings. I could have eaten all of my leftover baked ziti, but I tried to be good by only having half. I had a salad with iceberg, spinach, tomato, green pepper, carrots with light buttermilk ranch. I also had a slice of garlic toast. I couldn't give up the toast, that why I settled for half the ziti.  I also ate on a small plate. Yes, it is crammed to the edges, but it's an effort.

For me there's no such thing as a small salad. Romas are my top tomato at the moment, until we start getting some good vine ripened tomatoes from the garden. I rarely bother with those pink gassed tomatoes from the store. I don't much care for the Romas right now either, but I'm desperate for a fresh tomato, which is really pointless because they still don't have any flavor.

Someone has to eat the leftover ambrosia, right? It might as well be me. At least it's not cake. I also sprinkled it with shredded coconut.  I really think we should only have desserts once a month or just single serving desserts, so there's no leftovers.


I still had a little rice in the fridge for lunch and I found out that the yummy stir fry veggies with edamame are Birdseye Thai Stir Fry veggies and btw the sauce that comes with them, is terrible. You may like it, but I don't care it at all. It just tastes like black pepper. I like black pepper, but not on my stir fry. I also had a vegetable egg roll and the sauce that comes with it is good, not as good as the little packets of duck sauce that come with Chinese takeout, but still pretty good. I just sprinkled a little light soy sauce on my rice and veggies.
 I just heated my veggies in the microwave, but I think they were better stir fried.
 I think I met my carb quota for the day. I could have done worse, but I don't think this day's menu has helped my weight loss any. Ok don't leave me hangin'. Did you overload on carbs today or did you conquer the carb craving? What did you have? Tomorrow is Zumba day. I can at least burn a few extra calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment