Google Search Results

Saturday, April 09, 2011

Garbanzo Bean (Chickpea) Salad From La Patisserie

This morning I was on a mission. I had to get up, get ready and go. We were going to help my Aunt move. I didn't sleep well, the first half of the night. I didn't get relaxed enough before going to bed, so again, about half way through the night I sat up and gave myself a neck and shoulder massage. I'll have to try doing that before I go to bed and see if it helps.

After I jumped up and got ready, I fixed one of the best smoothies I've made so far. I had a Blueberry Banana Smoothie. It was thick and deliciously sweet. It didn't seem that thick when I first poured it into the glass, but after taking the photos, I saw that it had thickened up a bit. It would make a great SIAB (smoothie in a bowl). I just ate mine out of the glass with a spoon.

Yummo!!

What's in the glass
Fresh Blueberries
Banana
Old Fashioned Oats
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Ground Flax 
Ice Cubes

We met Mom and my Aunt Lynda at Starbucks. Lucas and I had a Peppermint Mocha Latte and Mom and Lynda got Frappuccinos. It was already pretty warm outside. I probably should have gotten something cold, it was still good and I totally forgot my camera today, but luckily Mom & Lynda had theirs. Thanks y'all!!
 After moving most of the stuff, Mom, Lynda and I went to La Patisserie for lunch. I had a Greek salad with a little garbanzo bean salad. They brought out my Greek salad with chicken on it instead of feta. I had them take it back, but I suspect they just picked the chicken off and added feta. It looked suspiciously like the other salad. I wasn't thrilled, but I ate it.

The garbanzo salad is the best. I call them chickpeas, but they apparently don't know them by that name, because when we ask about the chickpea salad they said they didn't have any. Luckily my Aunt saw it. It has red & green bell pepper and dried cranberries. I know it has oil in it also, but I'm not sure of the other ingredients. I've looked and found similar recipes, but none that have cranberries and they don't taste the same. Please let me know if you know how to make this.
 

My asian themed dinner the other night was so good, I just had to have it again. It wasn't quite the same without the veggies Mom had on Sunday, but it was still pretty good. She said she got them at Walmart, but I haven't been to get any yet .



I had a lemon Chobani Greek yogurt for dessert. This stuff is awesome. It's sort of sour like a real lemon, which I love. I hate getting lemon yogurt or pudding and it's sweet and not at all like a real lemon. One reason, I love key lime pie, is for the tartness. I planned to look for a recipe to use it in, but in the mean time, it is yummy just by itself.
What's your favorite Chobani flavor?
 I had an awesome day today. It was very nice outside and of course I was blessed with good food. Ya gotta love that. I'm off to get relaxed and ready for bed. Happy Saturday!



No comments:

Post a Comment