Google Search Results

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Over Indulging

Today was an unexpected day of over indulging. I woke up this morning after a fitful night of sleep. I was still craving the Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs. Hoping to calm my cravings with something a little healthier and more filling, I made a chocolate peanut butter & banana smoothie that I'm calling a Chocolate Monkey Smoothie. It was creamy and chocolatey and very good, but I think it would have satisfied my craving better, if I'd left out the banana. It just wasn't enough like the Reese's PB egg.  I enjoyed it, but still would love to eat one of those eggs, lol.


What's in the glass
Fresh Banana Slices
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Peanut Butter
Ground Flax
Cocoa Powder
Ice Cubes
It even looks chocolatey in the photo.

Just after drinking my chocolate monkey smoothie I got a call, an invitation to go with my Mom & Aunt Lynda. Well you know I love to go, so I couldn't turn it down. One of the first places we went was Starbucks. I had a Iced Decaf Peppermint Mocha Latte. After the first sip, I realized this was super sweet. I'm not used to drinking sweet drinks. I mostly drink water and sometimes juice which I water down 50/50. I love the taste of coffee, but I hardly drink it anymore, because of the caffeine. I think I may have to leave it alone entirely or learn to drink it black. I only managed to drink about half, even after letting the ice melt to water it down.
 We also went to Target & Michael's. I checked out the eyeglass frames at Target Optical. I'm hoping to get a new pair of specs in the near future. Right now, I'm shopping around. The man that works there, was very nice. He gave me a ball park figure of about how much my new glasses would cost. He also fixed the nose pieces on my current specs and cleaned them free of charge. I didn't even have to pay for the new nose pieces. Wasn't that nice? I also found some frames I liked.  I can't wait to get some new glasses.

After some shopping we went to Salsarita's. It's Mexican fast food set up sort of like Subway. You decide what you want then go down the line picking your ingredients. There's big variety of things to choose. I like that they offer vegetarian versions of everything. Last time I went, I had nachos, this time I had a Garden Taco Salad.

 What's in the salad
Shredded Iceburg Lettuce
Black Beans
Rice
Jalapenos
Black Olives
Grilled Veggies
Shredded Cheese
Mild Chunky Fresh Salsa
A Spicy Sour Cream Sauce
In A Fried Flour Tortilla Shell

It was yummy and I enjoyed it. I couldn't eat it all, though I did eat quite a bit of it. I didn't eat quite as healthy as I should have today and I am paying for it. We ate late this afternoon and I have been bloated and miserable all evening. I'm not sure what caused it. Maybe too much chocolate or maybe the cheese, but even after taking some GasX, I still feel terrible. I'm hoping to get some relief before bedtime, so that I can sleep. Now, I keep tasting peppermint mocha, so that must be the problem. Ugghh!
 Thankful it's finally Friday? What's your weekend plan? Tomorrow, I'm planning to visit with the grand babies, then dinner at Mom's on Sunday. I'm hoping for good weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment