Google Search Results

Monday, April 04, 2011

Breakfast Dessert

I hopped out of bed this morning. I already knew what I was going to have for breakfast. If you've been reading the blog, I bet you thought if would be another smoothie. I did consider making this into one, but decided just to try it in a bowl. Are you wondering what is in this yummy mess?


What's in the bowl
A Small Piece of Strawberry Cake w/ Cool Whip
Extra Fresh Strawberries
Ground Flax
Vanilla Yogurt
I decided to make a less healthy dessert into a more healthy breakfast. I knew I would eat it sometime today, so rather than add extra calories to my normal 3 meals, I chose to make it one of them. Killing two birds with one stone . It was delicious.
It was a lovely day today. The sun was shining and breezes blowing. It was a warm 84 degrees by afternoon, but not bad since the air was moving. The wasps were taking full advantage of the warmth and annoying me all day long. I had about 6 of them come inside to say hello. They seem to be coming in around my front door, something that will have to be fixed. I'm not very fond of bugs, especially flying ones with stingers. 
I got quite a bit done around the house today. The sunshine was working it's magic, inspiring me to do things I normally don't feel like doing. We ran a few errands and when we got back, I fixed me another plate of nachos with some of the leftovers and what I had on hand.

What's on the plate
Tostitos Artisan Fire Roasted Chipotle Tortilla Chips
Salsa Con Queso Dip
Black Beans
Kidney Beans
Boca Crumbles w/ Taco Seasoning
Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
Bell Pepper
Diced Tomatoes
Broccoli
Shredded Cheddar
 Salsa

Very sloppy, very filling, & very good!

For dinner, I finished off my last piece of "soft cornbread" with a bowl of the leftover succotash I made. I heated the cornbread in my toaster over to crisp up the edges. It was the best part of the meal, although the succotash was pretty good. I would like to add, that I hate the word, succotash. It doesn't sound very appealing, and is probably one of the reasons I never ate it, until I was older.

It is colorful and very good and would have been even better, if I'd added some tomato juice to make it soupier. 
Well, since I've finished up early, I'm going to fold clothes and hit the sack. I hope you've had a lovely day wherever you are. Where are you? 






No comments:

Post a Comment