Google Search Results

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Banana Pudding In A Glass

This morning when I got up, I felt so much better than yesterday. I had a much better attitude and lots more energy. I guess I just didn't get enough restful sleep the other night. I did have breakfast planned before daylight. I guess when I wake up during the night, I have food on the brain and the only way I can get back to sleep is to solve the mystery of what I'll be having for breakfast. I don't understand it myself, anyway, I've come up with a different version of the banana smoothie. My first banana smoothie was the Banana Nut Smoothie with chopped walnuts, brown sugar and cinnamon. The one I made this morning, I'm calling the Banana Pudding Smoothie. It's a creamy combo of vanilla and banana with a couple of vanilla wafers thrown it. It was delicious and I think I like it better than the banana nut smoothie.

What's in the glass
Sliced Fresh Banana
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Vanilla Extract
Vanillla Wafers
Ice Cubes
It's super yummy!!!
I got a bunch done today, but only with the help of the A/C. I've been avoiding turning it on, to save money, but with temps in the upper 80's, it's very difficult to get motivated to move, especially when you break a sweat sitting still. After I did some mopping and dog bathing, I fixed some lunch. I made a sort of open faced fish taco with the my leftover Tilapia. My tortilla was a bit too big, so I folded it a little and then just put everything on top. It was pretty messy to eat, but it was very good.
What's on the plate
Leftover Tilapia
Shredded Cabbage
Shredded Carrot
Shredded Bell Pepper
Diced Tomato
Flour Tortilla
After the photos, I topped it all with a little taco sauce.
I went outside and walked around the yard after lunch. I was looking at some of the flowers that have finally bloomed. I decided to take a few photos of them. These are my iris'.  I have a lot more than I did last year. There are lots of buds on the backside that haven't even bloomed yet.
This is my tiny little Azalea bush that's only 2 years old. I thought the drought last summer had killed it. Every leaf on it fell off last year. I plan to keep it watered this year if it gets dry. It's even bigger this year. It's a lot slower growing than I realized.
I love the big pink flowers.
This is my variegated sedum. As you can see, parts of it aren't variegated. I have no idea why, but every year it grows like this. I also have another tiny one that volunteered to come on the other side of the tree where this one is planted in a spot that I had these sitting in a pot, a while before I finally planted them. I didn't get a shot of the little one.
 

Today was Zumba day. I had a Gala apple spread with peanut butter for my pre-Zumba snack. I was really craving peanut butter. I could have stuck my head in the jar and inhaled it. It smelled so good. I'm not sure why I wanted it so bad, but this was the perfect snack today. Some days, I just eat and eat and I'm never quite satisfied, but today wasn't one of those days, thankfully. BTW, I changed my camera settings, when I took pictures of the flowers, then I forgot to change the settings back, so the rest of the photos are sort of wierd. The peanut butter and apple, not so much, but the ones after that look awful.
When I got home from Zumba, I was ready for food. I really needed to eat the rest of my leftover black beans and Spicy Sweet Potatoes. I didn't have anymore pineapple and since I needed to hurry up and finish them off, so instead of using them in a salad, I just had them plain, on a plate. They were still very good, especially the potatoes.
I've done this post entirely with Scribefire. I still have to get use to it, but it was better than blogger I think. Unlike Windows Live Writer, it doesn't have smiley's, but that's not a necessity. It does have more font options than blogger. I put a border around this next photo. Do you think it looks better this way or without? 

The bad thing about Scribefire is the workspace limitations. It would be nice if you had the option to expand it to full screen. I do like being able to see the window behind it though, while working. I usually have my photo page up and can select photos to insert without switching from one page to another and back repeatedly. 

Now, I'm ready for some comments. If you like something here, please let know. I'd also like to thank those of you who are subscribing and invite those who haven't to subscribe. You can subcribe via RSS or by email. I won't spam you or give out your email address. You'll just get each new blog post delivered to your email. You can also follow me on twitter. Let me know if you try any of these and it doesn't work. Don't forget the stumble button to add this page to Stumbleupon. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment