Google Search Results

Friday, April 08, 2011

In Need Of Fresh Fruits & Vegebles

Oh, today was a good one. I had no problem getting up this morning. In fact, I was up a little early. The sun was out and it was a beautiful day. I put the dogs out on the back porch to lay in the sun, then I got me a shower and was ready for the day. I was also ready for something to eat. I've been anticipating my mango smoothie for several days. I had a mango chobani greek yogurt and I bought a fresh mango specifically to go with it for this smoothie, but I had to wait a few days and eat some of the other fruit I already had first, to keep it from going to waste.

This one is super thick, yummy, and delicious smoothie. I ate it with a spoon and enjoyed every bite. I was quite full afterwards though.
 What's in the glass
Milk
Multi Grain Flakes Cereal
Ground Flax
Honey 
Ice Cubes
My mango was so juicy, I had to mop the kitchen when I was done. It was one messy mango, lol.

I had two pieces of leftover Digiorno Spinach, Mushroom and Garlic pizza for lunch. I didn't add any fresh veggies. I was not starving today. I think I was still feeling a little of my morning smoothie. Those smoothies have staying power I tell you.


It was late this afternoon when I got this snack. My normal dinner time was approaching, but I had Zumba class this evening and didn't want to go with a full stomach. I was starting to get a little hungry though, so I thought I'd better have a snack to tide me over until Zumba was done, so I had a few Town House crackers with cream cheese and jalapeno jelly. I finished of one jar and got some out of another jar. I had two different brands of jelly, but both were tasty. I could make a meal of these easily.


I must have been more hungry than I realized. I also had a little of my Yoder's Salsa Trail Snack Mix. I really need that little salty something after I have something sweet.

I bought me a Smart Water to take with me to Zumba. I really need the electrolytes during this class. The lady that teaches the class I go to on Thurs. does the Zumba toning. We work our arm and legs mostly, but our behinds are getting a work out too I think. It's also held in a gymnasium, so there's lots of room. One lady brings her baby and the baby's walker and the baby rolls around them while we workout. I thought that was a great idea. We always have a great time. Can you tell, how much I enjoy it? I don't mean to go on and on, but it's so much fun and I'm like a kid with a new toy. I would have never though about churches holding exercise classes. Some are free or low cost(about $2 or $3 per class). You should check out your local churches. I hear some do other types of exercise classes. 

Well, after I got home, I fixed myself a quesadilla for dinner. Lucas had an enchilada dinner that came with beans and rice, which he didn't eat, so I used his leftover beans and rice to make my quesadilla. I only had one tortilla. I stuffed it with shredded cheddar, shredded spinach, and the leftover beans and rice. I topped it with a little salsa. It was all I could eat. The fattest quesadilla I've ever had.

As you can see, I didn't get enough fresh veggies today. I really need my fresh veggies. I will have to do better tomorrow. I usually try to include some sort of fresh fruit or veggie in every meal. I always feel better after having fresh food. Eating a lot of cooked food always makes me feel like I've eaten a rock. It seems like it takes forever to digest. I've also eaten too much bread and cheese lately. I need a break. What's your favorite fresh vegetable and/or fruit?



2 comments:

  1. Zumba class was great! I love zumba. Oh, that baby is sooo cute. She's got the most beautiful eyes. I can't wait til Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait either. I wish we could find one on Friday or Saturday.

    ReplyDelete