Google Search Results

Friday, April 15, 2011

A Workout To Look Forward To

Today was Zumba day. Somehow this makes the whole day different. I get up earlier, I buzz around getting ready, showering, cleaning, making sure my bottle of Smart Water is chilling in the fridge. I look forward to Zumba everyday. Unfortunately we only have classes on Tuesday and Thursday. If all exercise was this much fun, I wouldn't be out of shape.

My breakfast this morning was an Apple Crisp Smoothie. I was feeling sort of less hungry this morning, so I went with a less thick smoothie, using 1/4 c. of oatmeal. It was very yummy and just right.
What's in the glass
Gala Apple
Old Fashioned Oatmeal
Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Chopped Walnuts
Ground Flax
Ice
I just love how oatmeal stays with you. No need for in between meal snacking.

It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining and it wasn't to hot or too cold outside. My dogs stayed outside on the porch in the sun all day. They really enjoyed it. I had a medium sized salad today for lunch. I used half of the leftover fish from Monterey's. I let Lucas have all the rice.(Just remembered I forgot the links in yesterday's post, sorry. I'll try to do that tomorrow. I don't know what made me think of it. )
  
What's in the bowl
Iceberg Lettuce
Carrot
Bell Pepper
Broccoli 
Breaded Tilapia
Sour Cream 
Salsa

For my before Zumba snack, I had another Lemon Chobani Greek yogurt. It makes a great pre-workout snack. It it so delicious, I always clean the bowl.

Tonight's Zumba class really wore me out. I am extremely tired this evening. In this class we do the same routine over and over for 8 weeks. I'm really only getting 4 weeks, because I only go to this one once a week. After that we do a new routine. This class is the toning Zumba. I've almost got the routine for it down. I know which moves to make, but sometimes I still have trouble convincing my arms, legs, whatever is involved, to make the right move. It's nice knowing what comes next. Even though we did the same thing tonight as last Thursday, I am feeling more tired. I slept really well last night. I was even dreaming. I rarely dream. I don't usually sleep that deeply.

After Zumba I still had to fix dinner. I fixed something simple, a box of Creamy Four Cheese Rice A Roni and some broccoli florets. It wasn't exactly what I was in the mood for, but it was good.

 Now that I'm done. I'm calling it a night. I am so ready for bed and I still have yoga. Even though I'm tired, my muscles are still tense and tight. I've already figured out that skipping my yoga is not a good thing. No matter how tired I am, if my muscles are tense, I can't sleep. If I sleep as well tonight and last night maybe I will be able to do better tomorrow. Leave a comment for the heck of it. I'd love to hear from you.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment