Google Search Results

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Dinner At Mom's

I had planned to be up early this morning, but that didn't work out. I'm just not cut out to be a morning person. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to work mornings into my lifestyle. I love being up early. I know that from staying up until daylight, lol.

Today we had plans to have Easter dinner at Mom's instead of Sunday. It's sort of made the day feel strange or at least tomorrow will. I already feel like today is Sunday. For breakfast this morning, I made an Apple Crisp Smoothie. I added a little extra cinnamon. It had a lot of texture. It wasn't chunky, but I think it could have been blended more. I was sort of in a hurry since I'd gotten up later than I'd planned. I have a somewhat long routine for mornings and added to this were several things I needed to do before leaving.

I still enjoyed my smoothie. Yummo! BTW I lost another pound for a total of 4. Go me!!!
 
What's in the glass
Fresh Diced Apple
Old Fashioned Oats
Dannon Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Cinnamon
Ground Flax
Chopped Walnuts
Honey (I used honey instead of brown sugar this time)
Ice Cubes

I forgot about the dried cranberries, I wanted to try soaking them first to see if they'd blend up better, guess I'll try that next time.
 After rushing around getting ready to go, we headed over to my DD, Lindsay's house. She and the kids rode with us today, then we were off to Mom's. Here's what was on the Easter dinner menu:

Turkey Breast

Spiral Ham

Tilapia, for me.

Deviled Eggs

Pasta Salad

Sweet Potatoes

Mashed Potatoes

Green Beans

Broccoli

Corn on the cob

Salad

and Rolls

This is a shot of my plate. I had tilapia, pasta salad, corn, broccoli, green beans, and a roll. Everything was good and I was thoroughly stuffed.

We also had Grasshopper Fudge Cake for dessert.

After giving my food a chance to digest a little, I had a piece of the cake. It was pretty good. I would have probably gotten a larger piece, lol, if I hadn't been so full. I loved the little Andes Candy bits on top. I'm so blind, I couldn't tell that's what they were until I ate them, lol. It looked like pecans to me. I also liked the hot fudge sauce under the whipped topping. Yum! I should have gotten a shot from the side. It's a minty flavored white cake with light green swirls topped with hot fudge sauce, cool whip with mint & food coloring (I think) and Andes Candy bits.

I even splurged for a cup of coffee. I hope I haven't gained back the 4lbs I've lost. 

I was so full when I got home, I didn't bother with another meal. There was a lot of finger licking and tasting while packing up leftovers. We had a pretty good day. Tomorrow is suppose to be pretty nice also. I'm hoping I feel as good tomorrow as I did today. If I weigh in an haven't gained any in the morning, it will be a good start. 
I'm also working on trying out Windows Live Writer for blog posts. I didn't have a lot of time to play with it today, but I did use the SkyDrive for my photos. If you've tried Live Writer or have any tips on blogging, I'd sure appreciate your comments. I'd love to improve the blog. Until tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment