Google Search Results

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Walk In The Park

This is my day. I had a good one. I had a lot of good food and got a lot of great photos.

This morning I had a Tropical Smoothie. You can click the link or check it out on my recipe page.

What's in the glass
Frozen Sliced Banana
Canned Crushed Pineapple
Chobani Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Honey
Ice Cubes
This was super yummy. A few pecans and a Maraschino cherry and it would've been perfect.

We had planned a trip to the park today for Dale's birthday. We grilled burgers, had dump cake, played on the playground, walked the nature trails, took photos and swung on the swings before leaving.

I got some great photos, but I didn't get a lot of food photos, in fact, I totally forgot to get a shot of dessert (strawberry dump cake, Dale's favorite). I didn't get photos of the meat eater's meal, but I did however get a photo of my plate and my veggie burgers. I am hoping that eventually I will get better at remembering photos. I was really excited to get some shots of everyone at the park, unfortunately, I came with a crew of camera shy people.

Lucas holding Mary.

I love the little faces Mary makes.

She really liked the swings.


Lexi had a great time too. 

Her favorite thing today was the slides.

She had no problem making a friend. 

We grilled burgers. Boca's Grilled Vegetable burgers for me, hamburgers & hotdogs for the others.  I'd never tried the grilled vegetable burger before. It was really good, even though it has zucchini it, which I don't care for. It also has corn and bell peppers with hints of garlic, onion, mozzarella & Asiago cheeses.

We also had salad with some lovely fresh veggies. I had one veggie burger on a salad with sun dried tomato vinaigrette and some Doritos on the side. I had my other veggie burger by itself. I also had a little of the strawberry dump cake that Lindsay made for Dale's birthday. It is sort of a large trifle, using a prepared yellow cake, fresh strawberries, strawberry jello, vanilla pudding, & cool whip. You just layer it all in a large bowl. It is very good, especially after sitting overnight in the fridge.

After lunch we went for a walk on the nature trails. I was worried Lexi would be bored, but she really seem to enjoy it. This is something we've always done since my children were little. I even got a shot of Dale, who trying to stay way out of camera range.



Along one of the trails there is a pond. We happen to see two geese, one on the water and the other on a nest on a little island. Unfortunately, my camera doesn't have enough zoom for me to have been able to get a shot of the other goose.

This is a great big arbor with vines growing across it and benches inside for sitting in the shade.

Lexi and I plucked a few flowers and she was nice enough to let me take a picture with one behind her ear.  

She also posed for me beside this little pond. These were my favorite photos of the day. It's rare for me to get good photos of Lexi. She usually doesn't want her picture taken or is just moving too fast.

Here we are at the swings after our walk around the park.

Lexi still prefers the slides. She got a little more playground time in before we had to leave.

She even left without a fuss. She was ready for a rest, I think.

When we got home, I had a little bit of the Salsa Trail snack mix from Yoder's while deciding what to have for dinner.



 Well, it's been a long day and I am ready for bed. I hope you've enjoyed your day as much as we have. What did you do this weekend?










2 comments:

  1. Lexi said that she didn't know the little girls name who she played with all day either. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Lexi definitely had a great time. We'll have to do that again sometime, maybe the zoo before summer's over.

    ReplyDelete