Google Search Results

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Feeling Light With Light Meals

Today was a pretty good day. I woke up 2 pounds lighter. Yeah, it's only 2 pounds, but at least it wasn't 2 pounds heavier. It may even be back tomorrow, but for now, I'm happy. I had another Pineapple Orange Banana Smoothie. I think the last half of my banana was a little bigger. I could taste more of the banana today, but it wasn't a bad thing. It was still cool, creamy and delicious.


What's in the glass
Banana
Orange
Canned Crushed Pineapple
Old Fashioned Oats
Chobani Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Ground Flax
Ice Cubes

I didn't use the frozen banana slices, instead I used fresh, but I think I prefer the frozen. The smoothie wasn't quite as cold. It was still good, but when it's a warm day, the colder the smoothie, the better.

I didn't quite fit in the 5 small meals, I had planned. My grocery trip was delayed a little and I spent most of the day cleaning and dancing. I found a few Zumba videos on YouTube that liked and I practiced some of the moves which were similar to the ones we've been learning in class. I was sidetracked while cleaning and looking for videos, which meant, I ate later than planned and ran out of time to have all of my mini meals. I still just had mini meals.
One of my meals was a Veggie Patch veggie dog on a slice of toasted bread with Mexican blend cheese and taco sauce with a glass of White Grape Peach juice. The dog was pretty good. I added some water to the juice, it was really sweet. I mixed it about 50/50. They say to do that for babies, but I'm thinking it's not a bad idea for everyone.

I melted the cheese on the bread and when I wrapped it around the veggie dog, the bread tore and the cheese stuck to the plate. I managed to scrape it off, but it was messy. Messy, but good. I like these better on a bun, but I hate to buy a pack of buns for one dog. BTW My freezer is officially packed again after my trip to the store. It always seems to get full faster than it gets emptied. I may have to toss a few things, as badly as I hate it.

I had to have more of my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus with cucumbers and carrots. I picked a good time to make it, because, I've really been in the mood for it lately. Not only does this taste good, it looks good too. I love the color of the hummus. The orange and green, remind me of Halloween. I'd love to have my kitchen in these colors. Note to self, remember this photo when redoing the kitchen. What do you think?

Lucas was talking about these peanut butter pretzels today. I'd gotten him to hide them in his room to keep me from eating the whole jar. The thought tortured me until I went and snagged a few for a snack. I'll also have to have him, never mention them again, lol.

I finally made it to the grocery store this evening. I had my hummus and pretzels before going, but still wanted to buy everything, and of course I didn't, but it made shopping difficult. I found out today that Target has Panera's Creamy Tomato Basil soup. I thought it tasted a little sweeter, but it was still really good. I had some for dinner with Garlic Parmesan Cheese toast. It may have been the saltiness of the Parmesan that made the soup tasted sweeter. Either way it was yummy and I all, but licked the bowl.

I've felt really good today. I am wondering if it has to do with eating lighter. I haven't been stuffed at all today. I've also been drinking my water better lately. I've been doing one cup before a meal and one cup after and then I manage a couple more between meals. It helps that it's been rather warm lately and today I was down right hot and sweaty as I danced and cleaned. 

Well, I've managed to finish up a little sooner than lately. I'm hoping today's meals and movement make me a little lighter tomorrow. I also hope I feel as good tomorrow as I did today. How was your day?







No comments:

Post a Comment