Google Search Results

Friday, April 22, 2011

Light Meals Work For Me

The light meals seem to be working for me. I was down another pound this morning. I wasn't quite as energetic today though. I guess I used it all up yesterday. I was out of banana, but I'd gotten some strawberries. I still had some of the crushed pineapple I needed to use, so I thought I'd use some of it with the strawberries in my smoothie this morning for a Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie. I did add a little honey to the mix, but it really didn't need it unless you want a sweet smoothie. I'm mainly trying to use up honey, I've had for too long.

What's in the glass
Sliced Fresh Strawberries
Canned Crushed Pineapple
Chobani Vanilla Yogurt
Milk
Old Fashioned Oats
Ground Flax
Ice Cubes

This was a really good smoothie. One that I found myself wanting more of, when it was gone. It takes a few moments to realize you're full though, so I'm glad I didn't eat anything else.

For my second mini meal, I had some more of the baked cheese ravioli with spinach or as we sometimes refer to it as lazy lasagna. You can add more than just spinach. You just layer sauce, cheese, frozen ravioli, etc and bake. It's very easy and great when you are pushed for time.


I was also temped today by these orange cream bars that Lucas bought. This is not a mini meal, but it sort of got counted as one. 

There was no cream in my first few bites. Luckily after that it was there. I was sort of disappointed at first.

This one counts as a mini meal. I had the last of my Roasted Red Pepper Hummus and some celery sticks. I ate all the cucumber which was better, and I wasn't really feeling like carrots today or maybe I just didn't want to take the time to add them.

This evening I was late getting home. We had to make a dog food/ yogurt run. I was out of vanilla and had to settle for Dannon French Vanilla. Walmart doesn't carry Chobani and it was too late to be running everywhere. I made sure not to get the Walmart brand. 

I couldn't fit in another mini meal, so as my last meal of the day, I had an Amy's frozen dinner. Under this dark cheesy sauce are two cheese enchiladas. I love the flavor of the sauce. I always clean the bowl. 
 It's been a long day and it's late, so I'm letting this go as is. I'm about too tired to recognize mistakes anyway. One of these days, I'll get all this figured out. Until then bare with me. I really appreciate subscribers, comments, etc. Don't forget to hit the stumble button on the right, if you like what you see.






No comments:

Post a Comment