Google Search Results

Sunday, April 03, 2011

Soft Cornbread Recipe


This recipe is for cornbread that we refer to as "soft" cornbread. It isn't quite as grainy as regular cornbread and is a softer slightly sweet cornbread, but not sweet like corn muffins. I came up with this recipe when I planned to make cornbread and realized I didn't have enough cornbread mix. We all liked it so much, I decide to write it down, so that I could make it again.












Ingredients
1 1/8 C. Cornbread Mix
1/4 C. Self Rising Flour
3/4 C. Corn Muffin Mix (Jiffy, etc.)
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder (Optional)
2 eggs
1 C. Milk 2%
1/4 C. Oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If using an iron skillet, put oil in skillet and preheat for approx. 10 minutes. In a medium bowl mix dry (first 4) ingredients together, in a 2 c. measuring cup, measure 1 cup of milk and add the 2 eggs, then blend them together. Now stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Once the skillet and oil are heated, I pour the oil into my batter and quickly stir it in. Be careful if you choose to do this, the oil IS HOT. You can just greased the skillet and add the rest of the cold oil to the batter. Either way, the next step is to pour the batter into the HOT skillet and return to the oven to bake for approx. 15 minutes.

Any questions? I hope I haven't confused you, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment