Google Search Results

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Learning To Stop When I'm Full

This morning I got up and started cleaning....before breakfast. I don't know what got into me lol. I finally came to my senses and fixed me a bite to eat. I finished off the fruit salad, that I was suppose to have help eating, by piling it onto one of the pumpkin waffles I'd made the other day. I did add a few chopped walnuts, but I skipped the shredded coconut today. I ate all of this no problem and I wasn't stuffed.



 I had a big day of cleaning planned......change of plans......Mom called and she and my Aunt Lynda invited me to go with them. Well, I go every chance I get, so I went. I did get a load of clothes in and the floors vacuumed and mopped before going. That was my good deed for the day.

While we were out we had lunch at Monterey's Mexican restaurant. I had Tilapia with rice. The rice had pico de gallo on it and all came with lettuce, tomato (pink), lemon and avocado. I am not a big fan of avocado or guacamole (wokamole...private joke, lol.) I don't hate it, but I don't want it. There were also warm flour tortillas. I ate one big piece of fish with 2 flour tortillas, lettuce, tomato and salsa. I also ate half the rice and saved the other big piece of fish and rice for later. I kind of wish they only served half as much for half the price. I don't know how anyone could eat that much at one sitting, without exploding. I think I can eat a lot and I couldn't begin to do it. This wasn't a plate, it was a platter. Maybe next time, if were going to order that same, we should just get an extra plate and split it. I used to try and eat it all, but usually wound up miserable with not enough left for leftovers. I was also 20 pounds heavier.

 Later, on the way home we stopped by The Human Bean and instead of coffee, I tried a orange/peach fruit smoothie. Boy was I disappointed. I really doubt there was any real fruit in it, not that they claimed there to be. It did say, you get a full day's vitamin c. The real disappointment was that it tasted like a baby aspirin. At first I thought sherbert, but the more I drank, the more it reminded me of a very sweet baby aspirin. No thank you, Human Beans, I'll stick with my own. I will have to try an orange/peach version. BTW, there wasn't a hint of peach in that thing as far as I could tell.

For dinner, I had my leftover stuffed mushroom and a salad with iceberg, broccoli, green pepper, tomato, carrots, and light buttermilk ranch dressing.

I couldn't eat all of this either, but it wasn't enough to save. I am learning to stop when I am full...well, maybe a little past full, but not miserable.
 I don't think I drank enough water today. I should have gotten water instead of that smoothie, lol. I feel yucky when I haven't had enough water. What tricks do you use to keep from over eating? Are there still times when you over eat or a particular food you always eat too much of? I am a work in progress. I like to think, I'm doing better though.

I'll add the links in the morning, lol. I'm just too tired. I've got to get ahead of the game. I'd love some blogging tips if you have any. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment